We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At the Four Seasons now

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
365 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
At the Four Seasons now

And I can't believe there's no wifi... Well I should clarify with no free wifi.

Although I thought the pool was small in all the pictures I looked at, it's actually a good size. We love the view, happy hour drink specials, the cold water & lemonade at the beach, the wicker sofa on our lanai, the spa amenities that you can enjoy even if you don't pay for spa services, the themed gardens, the most amazing breakfast buffet I've ever had which is so filling I'm still not hungry and it's almost 7 hours later, the toadlets and toads we saw at dusk, the great beach and GREAT staff. I almost forgot to add the brownies & cookies at Koele, the bath amenities especially the woolite to wash out our bathing suits, the child size robes, the lei making class, the free use of tennis courts up at Koele (which isn't as long a ride as I thought it would be) the croquet, the amazing gardens and the atmosphere up there.

I'm not so crazy about the walk to the beach, (I didn't think it was so far) or the lack of pineapple on my piña colada, Or the $14/day charge for Internet, but otherwise we are sooooo GLAD we went out of our way to come here.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: At the Four Seasons now

Mahalo for the on the spot report. I am glad you are having a great time. It sounds like you are finding many of the wonderful things the resorts have to offer. Make sure you take the short hike up to Pu`u Pehe (sweetheart rock) overlook. Have you had the chance to explore Lana`i City? If you are up for a 3 hour hike, make sure you get to the Koloiki Ridge hike from Koele. The free tennis up there is a good deal and the temps are more comfortable, but when we visit in the winter it is more of a challenge due to the frequent showers there.

I do my best to get as far away from the computer and internet when we are on vacation, so the lack of Wi-Fi and the charge for internet is a non-issue for me. The free use of computers at the business center is more than adequate.

I have never thought that the 5 minute walk to the beach is a excessive. Check out all the plants and flowers on the way down. You also get an better view to see if the dolphins are in the bay that day. Also, look for the bird feeders and see how many bird species you can pick out - Java sparrow, 2 types of cardinals, zebra dove, barred dove, rock dove, house sparrow . . . . .

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
365 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: At the Four Seasons now

TA is mostly why I want wifi... Nobody told us access in the business center is available. If I didnt read TA for months before this trip I would have known nothing about this place. I feel that the 4S definitely lacks communication with its guests about what is available here.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: At the Four Seasons now

Make sure you read all the printed resort info in the room. I am sure it mentions the business center.

Have you been able to enjoy the live music each evening in the Hale Ahe Ahe Bar at Manele or the lobby at Koele?

Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: At the Four Seasons now

Welcome! Glad you are enjoying yourself so far. Beautiful day today, yes? Loving those breezes. Love your honu pic too. :) Hope you get out to see the rest of the island.

5. Re: At the Four Seasons now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 12, 2012