We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uploading images from my digital camera

Vallejo, California
Level Contributor
443 posts
Save Topic
Uploading images from my digital camera

Can anyone suggest a way to upload the images off my digital camera onto a RW CD once I am on the island so I can have space on my memory card for more pictures?

I don't want to bring my laptop, or I'd do it myself (lost one the last time I took one with me travelling). I am planning to bring my USB cable so I can 'plug in' IF I can find a place where I can do so. Are there businesses that do this? Do 'internet cafes' offer this level of access? I just don't know because I've never had the issue come up. I have a 512Mb memory card, and I don't particularly want to buy another card...

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uploading images from my digital camera

There are internet cafe's all over the place that will do it, but it's around $20. You can also do it at a self serve machine at walmart, but the line was always fairly long for that. Go late at night and it won't be an issue :) If you travel a lot you might want to invest in another card however. If you wait for a good deal, you can pick up a 1 GB compact flash card for less than $60, which in the long run will save you money if you have to upload photos more than a few times.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Uploading images from my digital camera

Hi Jolynda! We found a nice little shop in the chung lee shopping village in Hanalie( Oh you kauai experts please forgive me for errors). She (the shop owner) also offers internet access for around 3$ for 20 min.

Nice lady I think the Cds transfer cost from 7 dollars to 20.00 depending on how much memory or something. Hope that helps:) Well like the debtman said there is always Walmart and Kmart:)

Have fun