We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for woman who took our pic with rainbow at HBR

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
342 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for woman who took our pic with rainbow at HBR

Aloha, this is a total long shot, but I figure I might as well try. We were staying at Hanalei Bay Resort last week and a lovely woman took our picture in front of a rainbow with her mobile phone and texted it to us on 10/28, since we were heading to the pool without our camera. The text came through as an MMS message that needed to be downloaded, and probably because our phones were roaming most of the time it wouldn't download. We tried every tip we could find on the internet to get it to download, and in the process the message disappeared somehow, it doesn't even show up in my call log on my cell phone account. We were hoping we'd run into her during the remainder of our stay, but didn't. I have no idea if she's on TripAdvisor, but figured it was worth a shot. Even if she no longer has the photo to resend to us, I feel like a total jerk that I wasn't able to send her a message to thank her. I think I remember the area code and believe she's from the Atlanta area, and was (presumably) with her husband and 2 young girls. Mahalo in advance for any help!

California
Level Contributor
40,668 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for woman who took our pic with rainbow at HBR

I would call Jim Braman (Operations GM) at the resort 808-826-6522 or ask for Lillian and see if he/she can find the family. It should be pretty easy based on when you were there, the town they were from etc.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
342 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for woman who took our pic with rainbow at HBR

Thanks Jebett! I'll try that. I didn't know if asking the resort to check into it was a bit too much, but I'll give it a go.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,158 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for woman who took our pic with rainbow at HBR

Consider posting on Craigslist. They have an area for missed connections.

I thought about calling the hotel. I would only be okay if they don't give out any information. If they gave me the information that you called and contact number then okay - maybe. Having a hotel give out any information at all would irritate most guests.

I hope you can get the hotel to connect you, but I bet they say no.

Let us know how it all ends and if you find them!!! Good luck.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,503 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for woman who took our pic with rainbow at HBR

This sounds a little obsessive to me. ....attempting to track her down. She took a pic of you and it didn't come through.....oh well. I would move on.....

I'm sure you thanked her profusely at the time. She is likely not waiting about expecting yet another Thank-you for this random gesture.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
342 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for woman who took our pic with rainbow at HBR

Wanderlust, we aren't going to stalk her. Just wanted to thank her and see if she still had the pic to send to us.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
342 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for woman who took our pic with rainbow at HBR

Epicurean, I was figuring they wouldn't be able to give out info at the hotel and if they are able to do anything I would have to give them my info to give to her.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,474 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for woman who took our pic with rainbow at HBR

Mink said, "if they are able to do anything I would have to give them my info to give to her."

I think that's a reasonable approach. Put's it as a decision for HBR, and then in the hands of the picture lady. Might I suggest you explain the situation to the Manager of HBR? Certainly then it would be their policy and the lady's decision as to contact you again.

I hope it works out Mink but it may not! Best wishes for a connection for you!

(Mink, I have some sunset HBR pictures of Caddy if you want one! LOL)

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
342 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for woman who took our pic with rainbow at HBR

Thanks, I'm guessing it won't work but this is minimal effort compared to the time we spent trying to download the message. I'm sure my husband especially would like a sunset pic of Caddy :-)

California
Level Contributor
7,482 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for woman who took our pic with rainbow at HBR

I'm assuming your not a Smart Phone Technology expect so I would just drop into an ATT or Verizon store (or which ever company you use) and have them retrieve the phone number that the message came from and simply text her a message.

You can also log into your cell phone account and see your message history along with phone number's that were received.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
342 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for woman who took our pic with rainbow at HBR

I did log into my T-Mobile account figuring that would easily solve it - and be less creepy than asking the hotel to find her or posting online - but the number doesn't even show up in log, which I thought was bizarre. All the other messages sent that day are in there. I don't know if that had to do with being an MMS instead of SMS?