We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations for Beach House and helicopter

Georgia
Level Contributor
436 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Reservations for Beach House and helicopter

Hi everyone,

We're planning on going to Kauai for 3 nights and Maui for 4 nights January 6th thru Jan. 12th. We're celebrating our 30th anniversary on the 7th and would like to make reservations at the Beach House. I was just wondering how far in advance we need to make them. I've read some people made their reservations months in advance. I want to make sure that we make ours in plenty of time, but didn't want to be ridiculously early either. Also what's the best way to make sure you get a good sunset seat? We definately would like to take a helicopter ride on inter-island with the doors off. How far in advance to we need to make those reservations to make sure we'll get one? If the weather is bad when your reservation is scheduled, do they usually reschedule pretty quickly if the weather permits? We are only going to be in Kauai 3 nights, so I want to do everything possible to make sure we don't procrastinate and miss out. Thank you so much for any feedback you have. I really really appreciate it! Aloha

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations for Beach House and helicopter

Give yourself peace of mind...make the reservations. If you need to change later, you can. I suppose you could ask for a sunset view when you make your Beach House reservations, but the view is generally quite good throughout the restaurant. You'll want to walk out onto the lawn for pictures anyway.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservations for Beach House and helicopter

I made a reservation at The Beach House for our 25th Anniversary about 6 weeks in advance. I checked back with them about a week before the date just to be sure. Let them know what the special occasion is. We got a free dessert and an anniversary card signed by all the staff. I'd encourage you to book for when they first open to make sure you get a table by the window.

As for the helicopter, we booked way in advance with InterIsland. We had to call and confirm a day prior to the trip. I'd say you should book for your first day there so you may still get a chance to rebook over the following two if you have to. I never had to rebook, so I'm not sure what might happen when you have such a short stay, but you can ask when you reserve.

NC
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservations for Beach House and helicopter

We're going to Kauai in October and I made our Beach House reservation a loooong time ago (maybe May?). They say you can make them up to a year in advance. I called them a few weeks ago to confirm and they had no record of my reservation (grrr). So if you do make reservations early, I would call them maybe a month out to confirm since they lost ours.

And I just reserved our Inter-Island trip last week. Had no problem getting the time we wanted. Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reservations for Beach House and helicopter

Book helicopter trip early & for the first day you will be there. If weather cancels flights you must rebook on whatever day later has openings, (if any). They do not move the schedule back, they resume the already made schedule when weather allows, which is easier than trying to reschedule all the flights that are pre booked. We had our trip moved back several days on our visit, from a Sat to a Thurs if I remember right.

Georgia
Level Contributor
436 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Reservations for Beach House and helicopter

Wow.

Thanks everyone for your prompt replies. They all help a bunch! Thanks again for your help.

6. Re: Reservations for Beach House and helicopter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, August 24, 2009