We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in October

kansas
Level Contributor
162 posts
64 reviews
Hotels in October

I haven't made an itinerary yet but we be in Kauai for a week. We will want to hike, snorkel and relax. This is our 30th anniversary so we'd like good accommodations. It would be great to have an ocean front for a reasonable price in a nice resort. Ha Ha. We arrive late our first day in Lihue so I thought maybe one to three nights in Lihue at a comfortable hotel (75-125) then move to a nicer place (up to 250 a night...preferably under 200). We don't want more than two hotel locations. We leave late our last day so location for the second place won't matter so much.

California
Level Contributor
41,211 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: Hotels in October

You want a hotel for $75 a night? Think twice about that please. I won't even recommend those places.

The island is small. If you get in late I would only stay in Lihue if its REALLY late. Garden Island Inn is ok.

Its 10 mins from the airport.

Kauai doesn't have a lot of oceanfront hotels and if they do they are much more than $250 a night or close that. The closest you will get is Sheraton. I would start there but your room won't be oceanfront but it has a great beach. The North Shore is nice to stay at in October too but the accommodations are either in Princeville or there are a few cottages you could stay in around Hanalei for around $250. That would be an awesome location. You will need to drive to beaches on the North Shore, but trust me, you will be driving to them anyway, no matter where you stay.

Edited: 3:34 pm, August 04, 2014
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
45,109 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Hotels in October

You might also consider a condo or cottage unless you only are interested in a hotel. I would head straight to the hotel, especially if you are only on Kauai for a week. :)

kansas
Level Contributor
162 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: Hotels in October

Well, I might be interested in a cottage or condo. Any suggestions? North Shore sounds good. Should I split my stay between two spots on the Island?

California
Level Contributor
41,211 posts
130 reviews
4. Re: Hotels in October

Cottages are going to be expensive unless they are part of someones home like a duplex.

Check these out. They are popular and book up fast.

www.beachkauai.com/vacation-rental-home.asp…

Splitting your stay is ok if you do a hotel on the front end where you don't have to pay outclean charges which can add up. It will also cut down on any driving you want to do between the North Shore and the south side or westside like Waimea Canyon.

I wouldn't stay more than a few days here, but Garden Island Inn would be alright for that purpose.

Edited: 10:56 am, August 05, 2014
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
45,109 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: Hotels in October

www.vrbo.com will give you a selection of all types of rentals. :)

6. Re: Hotels in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 07, 2015