We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wailua Kayaking Without Hiking

Moraga, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Wailua Kayaking Without Hiking

Hello All:

My family and I will be visiting Kauai in August. We would like to kayak the Wailua River and all of the tours which I've seen online include a hike to Secret Falls. My 70 year old mother is fine with the kayaking, but the hike may be too much for her, especially if it is muddy. Does anyone know of any kayak tours of the river which do not include a hiking component? Alternatively, any recommendations on rentals companies which will help launch the kayaks? Thanks in advance.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,359 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wailua Kayaking Without Hiking

Check this recent thread on some companies along the river that may meet your needs:

tripadvisor.com/…58620465

There is also Kayak Kauai on south side of river at the marina:

http://kayakkauai.com/wailua-kayak-rental/

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,359 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wailua Kayaking Without Hiking

In regard to Kayak Kauai at the marina I noticed the following footnote:

*Car racks for easy transport across the Wailua River to the public launch area.

*Only our guided tours are permitted to leave from the Wailua River Marina side

Thus, likely better if you do not want to mess with car rack to use a different company.

California
Level Contributor
41,010 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wailua Kayaking Without Hiking

You can do self guided or guided through Kamokila Hawaiian Village.

4. Re: Wailua Kayaking Without Hiking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, June 05, 2015