We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wailua Falls Hiking Tour w/Wailua Kayak Adventures?

Indy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Wailua Falls Hiking Tour w/Wailua Kayak Adventures?

Has anyone done this? It's $50 pp. Not sure. I was looking them up for secret falls kayak and saw it listed. Thanks.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wailua Falls Hiking Tour w/Wailua Kayak Adventures?

I believe they are on the river, and you have easy access at the put in. If you are accomplished kayakers, then you can probably go solo. But , if not, you might take a guided tour and learn proper paddle techniques, how to handle the river currents, and where the eddy out is, for the hike to secret falls. Also , how to remain clear of smiths barges, how to stop, back paddle, and manuever in close quarters.

And , yes there is a proper way to do all of those things, and from what we observe 89% of the people kayaking are not familar with those procedures. And, on our 1st visit to kauai 20 years ago, we were one of those kayaks that did not have a clue, and I could not get Eica to match my paddle strokes of our same side paddles entering the water at the same time and in unison. Paddles were windmilling, and we were effected by the current and crossing from one side of the river to the other on the way up to the eddy out. Down river , we did much better onthe return.

Once back home in huntington harbor , )( so cal ) we started learning the correct methods for kayaking and paddling, and now have a clue.....and have kayaked most every river, stream and bay on kauai, and Erica has paddle the napali coast from haena to polihale twice. Also, ocean kayaked on other islands. What we should have done is gone with a guide the first time and learned paddling techniques.

Indy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wailua Falls Hiking Tour w/Wailua Kayak Adventures?

This is guuded hike to wailua falls

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wailua Falls Hiking Tour w/Wailua Kayak Adventures?

I'm surprised they're doing tours down there. I thought the county closed those trails off just like the ones to 'Opaeka'a Falls?

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wailua Falls Hiking Tour w/Wailua Kayak Adventures?

Thanks beyond and back......hopefully my post will help those who wish to kayak the wailua to 'secret falls'. That being said, I have no knowledge of any kayak adventures hiking to 'wailua' falls. Sorry about that.

5. Re: Wailua Falls Hiking Tour w/Wailua Kayak Adventures?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 26, 2015