We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept/Oct 2014 trip planning...Hale Nani Mala?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Sept/Oct 2014 trip planning...Hale Nani Mala?

I am starting to plan a trip to Kauai at the end of September this year. It will be my husband, myself, a 6 year old and an 18 month old. I found the listing for Hale Nani Mala on vrbo http://www.vrbo.com/379263 and it looks great but we don't know the island. I don't really know where to stay, what is good and what to expect. I like the idea of a house or condo with 2 bedrooms. I also like the price of this one for the week. Any other suggestions for somewhere to stay?

We've been a few times to Oahu & and once to the Big Island but thought it would be good to see somewhere else.

What do you suggest? Is this in a good location? Has anyone else stayed here (there are 6 reviews on vrbo)? I've read a bunch of north vs south discussions already and would love to go to the north shore but I think we'll just do a day trip at this point.

I'd love any suggestions / recommendations.

Level Contributor
294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept/Oct 2014 trip planning...Hale Nani Mala?

We stayed there in 2012 and absolutely loved it! There are a few cosmetic things that they may have fixed since then. There was a torn screen leading from the master bath to the outdoors but really it is an amazing place to stay. We often dream of going back. The location is wonderful too. You can walk right out your door and be at the beach in just a few minutes in either direction. It's very close to the Hyatt and Shipwreck beach. Oh, one other thing - you may want to check to see if they fixed the hot tub part of the pool. It didn't really matter to us but if you're looking forward to using it you might just mention it to them. Everything else was perfect.

2. Re: Sept/Oct 2014 trip planning...Hale Nani Mala?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 28, 2015
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor