We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Savers and Enterprise rental car?

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Savers and Enterprise rental car?

I just found a really great rate with Car Rental Savers for Enterprise. Has anyone use them? Does spouse still get to drive free?

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,200 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Savers and Enterprise rental car?

According to the Enterprise website, yes, but I would still double check with Enterprise directly after you make the booking:

https:/…3D

3Chihuahuas

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Savers and Enterprise rental car?

Interesting - but finally having joined USAA (leave it to hubby to be discharged in 1975 and never know that was an option) - checked their car rates for our upcoming (next week) trip and Hawaii Discount Car Rentals was stlll $2.00 cheaper. Yes, that's not a lot but it does give credibility to those folks - who we ALWAYS use.

And yes, I've had a martini!

BARBARA

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Savers and Enterprise rental car?

I didn't know you could use USAA discounts with Hawaii Discount Car Rentals. Where do you get the code?

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Savers and Enterprise rental car?

Just signed into USAA and checked the rate. It was $540 more then I reserved the car for yesterday. Went to the Car Rental Savers site and it was $450 more today. Sure glad I checked yesterday!!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental Savers and Enterprise rental car?

slabeaume...

Should have been more clear, I guess. Compared HDCR to USAA and was surprised to find them virtually identical. Didn't mix the two for promotions, etc.

BARB

California
Level Contributor
39,586 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental Savers and Enterprise rental car?

Are you asking if Enterprise is fine to use? Yes they are good. Good cars and good service. I use them frequently. They are off site.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental Savers and Enterprise rental car?

AlbqBarb---I figured that after I went to the USAA site. I've been USAA forever and always forget to check them.

Jebett---Good to hear. I wasn't sure if they still let spouses drive free from a discount car rental agency. But I did call them and they said yes. I ran into that problem when I originally booked discounthawaiicarrentals for Thrifty---although Thrifty lets spouses drive free when booked through them, they didn't through the other site. So now I've changed reservations and agencies about 20 times for this trip!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,200 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental Savers and Enterprise rental car?

FYI....unless something has changed, with Enterprise, you go to the shack across from bag claim, fill out the paperwork (was asked to see both our licenses and an on-island phone number of our lodging) and then board the shuttle to the car lot a mile or so away. The agent was waiting for us, took us out to our car. No place on the contract to notate any damage, so the agent wrote down the damage (terribly scraped under the bumper), signed/dated it and away we went. I wouldn't hesitate to rent from Enterprise again.

3Chihuahuas

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rental Savers and Enterprise rental car?

Thanks 3Chihuahuas. I think I saw somewhere before where you had mentioned check in was right across from baggage claim. Good to know. Did you join their "express check in" program, or does it matter?

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,200 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Rental Savers and Enterprise rental car?

>>>Did you join their "express check in" program, or does it matter?<<<

No...their program was for frequent renters which we aren't. Oh, jebett needs to chime in on this too, but we had booked an economy car. We had the golf bag case with us going to the lot, the agent looked at it and says, "I'll put you in bigger car" no extra charge either...we walked past the dinky Spark or whatever it was and ended up with a Malibu with leather seats, nice car.

3Chihuahuas