We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just thought I'd share my cheap car rental price...

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
just thought I'd share my cheap car rental price...

If you're looking for a car rental on Kauai or anywhere for that matter, Alamo through Costco.com is having a special right now. You need to book before 06/30/14 and travel before end of 2014. I got a 4 day rental starting 10/26 for a standard car for $91. You need a Costco membership. You might be able to use someone else's.

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: just thought I'd share my cheap car rental price...

I reserved a Standard car, a Nissan Altima or similar, back in April with a quote of $349.79 for our late-September trip. I just checked and it's now $162.44. Again, always check your rates as your travel dates get closer!

Thanks for the post, Vajra.

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: just thought I'd share my cheap car rental price...

Oh, and these were both with Budget (through Costco Travel) which were lower than Alamo rates.

The coupon codes if you wanted to book directly through Budget (but you may still be asked to show a Costco card) are BCD – W852873 and Coupon Code – MUGZ041.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: just thought I'd share my cheap car rental price...

Thanks I will keep trying.

Alberta Travelbug

Port Hope, Michigan
Level Contributor
74 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: just thought I'd share my cheap car rental price...

I just booked thru Hertz, 20 days Feb 2014 for $544 all taxes included, weekly rate for $116 plus taxes it was the best rate we found anywhere you can sign up for free herttz number, full size vehicle. We are Costco but this was a much better deal.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: just thought I'd share my cheap car rental price...

Just keep checking. Last year, we actually got our best rate through Costco the day before we left on our trip. Rates change often - even several times a day sometimes.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: just thought I'd share my cheap car rental price...

Fall is "low" season for Hawaii. You can usually find some good travel deals that time of year (and late spring).

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: just thought I'd share my cheap car rental price...

Booked twice through Hawaii Discount Car rental for late Sept/early Oct 2013. Second booking saved $60 over first booking. Just checked Costco for the same dates and got the same rental through Budget $55 cheaper than 2nd booking through Hawaii Discount Car rental. Went to Costco, purchased a membership for $55 so I could book the rental. Figure I got the Costco membership for free, based on my savings through Costco.

Syd
Level Contributor
10 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: just thought I'd share my cheap car rental price...

How much would be the daily add-on cost with the automobile insurance cover?

19. Re: just thought I'd share my cheap car rental price...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 11, 2014