We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend a napali tour near princeville...

Usa, Japan
Level Contributor
124 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend a napali tour near princeville...

Where staying in princeville first then down to kapaa after, I would like to do the napali coast tour while we're in princeville.

Can someone recommend a good tour to take in that area?

California
Level Contributor
9,517 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend a napali tour near princeville...

holoholokauaiboattours.com/boats/napali_raft… The Napali Snorkel Adventure with Holo Holo or www.napalicatamarran.com are both excellent and both leave from Hanalei.

California
Level Contributor
36,452 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend a napali tour near princeville...

Yes Holo Holo is who I would recommend from May-Sept.

If you are interested, call them asap, as their boats are small and popular.

California
Level Contributor
9,517 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend a napali tour near princeville...

Whoops! That should be www.napalicatamaran.com

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend a napali tour near princeville...

Recently enjoyed Captain Sundown Cruise. Went out in mid afternoon from Hanalei Bay and got back just at sundown. No snorkel in afternoon but has a tour earlier in day if want to snorkel.

http://captainsundown.com/

To get to the boat anchored in Hanalei Bay, you get transferred by a small boat from Black Pot Beach..

You do not park at Black Pot but will be given instructions on where to meet when you make reservations.

Besides the transfer to the boat, the toilet would be a problem for a person with mobility issues as have to go down a ladder and use a marine toilet.

See their FAQ's:

https:/…Is_there_a_toilet_on_board

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,610 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend a napali tour near princeville...

Note that tours from the north shore only run from about May through September.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
821 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend a napali tour near princeville...

we used Napali Sea Breeze and would highly recommend them. They do have a bathroom on board too

http://www.napaliseabreezetours.com/

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend a napali tour near princeville...

You can see the seat availability for Holoholo during the booking process online... just by selecting your date and tour time. Tours into early October. Also look at Northshore Charters out of Kilauea.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend a napali tour near princeville...

Captain sundown goes year round, but its hit and miss depending on weather. They told me to book early in our trip incase they need to reschedule.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,039 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommend a napali tour near princeville...

Since DD is here visiting, just took the NaPali Catamaran tour, Thursday Am. The weather was nice and we went into sea caves I had not been in when I took my first tour with them. Snorkeling was good( fish and a turtle) and the spinner dolphins really put on a show. Would highly recommend.

central cove
Level Contributor
326 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommend a napali tour near princeville...

We enjoyed the Holo Holo charter out of Hanalai this last July, The staff were great, and the capt and crew were fun and efficient, not to mention very skilled boat handlers. It was nice to be able to get into the caves that the larger catamarans couldn't manage, snorkeling was OK, nothing special, the Trigger fish have been fed every day by the tourists, so there are large schools of them swimming with you, but it was nice to get in the water and cool off.