We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 6/29-7/13 (with photos)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
292 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 6/29-7/13 (with photos)

Aloha everyone:

Another fabulous vacation to Hawaii has come to end. *sigh*

Here's the trip blog I've put together (complete with photos) if you're interested. The first entry is Waikiki for 2 nights...the rest is all Kauai.

…travelpod.com/travel-blog/…tpod.html

Enjoy!

L

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
826 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 6/29-7/13 (with photos)

Thanks ! Enjoyed your blog and pictures.

Patty

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,172 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 6/29-7/13 (with photos)

Thanks for the report and photos. If you have time, I would like more info on your lodging in both parts of Kauai.

Bay Area, California
Level Contributor
195 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 6/29-7/13 (with photos)

Felt like I just got a nice sneak peek at our upcoming trip. We're wanting to also rent SUP boards while at Hanalei. Do you remember the name of the shop you used?

Well done...thanks for sharing!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
292 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 6/29-7/13 (with photos)

@Barbara: Sure, we rented Manako Hale in Poipu from Kauai Vacation Rentals: kauaivacationrentals.com/rental/house.html…

And Hoaloha on Hanalei Bay from Bali Hai Realty: balihai.com/KauaiVacationRentals/Hoaloha_202…

Both were great. Though, Manako Hale was a little warm in the afternoons (we've stayed before at the same propery in the Spring and I don't remember it being so hot at that time of year--it makes a difference!)

@twink:

I can't recall the name but they were affiliated with the Quiksilver shop, right next door to Tropical Taco on the main road. There is a woman who sits out front and rents the boards. We didn't make any advance reservations or anything...just walked in.

California
Level Contributor
9,793 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report 6/29-7/13 (with photos)

Sounds like a great family vacation! I imagine that with reservations for 11 people Med. Gourmet would have it all set up for you like they did. I think the first come, first served is for the smaller groups. Thanks for sharing!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,740 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report 6/29-7/13 (with photos)

So much fun to read! At least you had amorous geckos, we had a cannibalistic one. Did you love the mountain apples? That's always something I look forward to. Oh, Monday night at Tahiti Nui, the singer was Mike Keale and his wife Linda dances hula ;-)

Your TR has me soooooooo ready for next month - we'll be on O‘ahu too before coming to my beloved Kaua‘i.

Thank you for sharing with us! And there's nothing wrong with immediately planning another trip...we do!

3Chihuahuas

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
424 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report 6/29-7/13 (with photos)

Awesome report! I felt like I was traveling with you! While we loved Oahu, Waikiki was not our thing either! Too touristy and busy.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,950 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report 6/29-7/13 (with photos)

Nice vacation, thanks for sharing your photos and blog with us.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,192 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report 6/29-7/13 (with photos)

Looks like you had a great vacation! Love the photos. Mahalo for sharing!

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report 6/29-7/13 (with photos)

Wonderful blog. You inspired me to make a travel blog. We go on a family trip to Kauai for two weeks in August. What a great way to preserve memories!