We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New construction at entrance to Poipu Beach?

Kalaheo, Hawaii
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New construction at entrance to Poipu Beach?

At the corner of Poipu Rd and Hoowili (the road to Poipu Beach Park) we see there has been

a very nice new wall being built and there is some land clearing going on in that area. Does

anyone know what is being planned?

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,255 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New construction at entrance to Poipu Beach?

I believe there is an ancient Hawaiian burial ground in that corner (behind Brennecke's parking lot) but I cannot find where I originally read about this.

Edited: 4:40 pm, June 21, 2013
California
Level Contributor
9,211 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New construction at entrance to Poipu Beach?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60625-i1817-k5944…

This might be the thread you were thinking of, martik.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,844 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New construction at entrance to Poipu Beach?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

No, the site that is behind all that kiawe and haole koa is this:

http://www.kaneiolouma.org/

The ancient Hawaiian village site of Kaneiolouma Complex is ultimately slated to be a Hawaiian cultural site.....the clearing with the rock wall is tied into this, but will also give a larger access area for walking down Ho'owili Road than was there previously.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New construction at entrance to Poipu Beach?

It was the GM of Kiahuna Plantation that first brought this to our attention on the forum some months ago. Do check out the link koloagirl has provided once more; this will be a wonderful place to visit when the preparatory work is done.

5. Re: New construction at entrance to Poipu Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 24, 2014