We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kauai Beach Villas

oklahoma
Level Contributor
248 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
kauai Beach Villas

I secured an ocean view at KBV .

Is this near the marriot and Dukes?

I think I got the villas and the beach resort mixed up through research here and may have booked the wrong hotel but someone I know has stayed at KBV and enjoyed it so I will not worry over what shelter I have while in paradise. I guess you could put me in a shack as long as i could wake to the sound of waves and sit on my lanai and stare through the ocean

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,743 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kauai Beach Villas

No, not by Duke's or the Marriott. KBV is north of the airport, just off the hwy between Hanama‘ulu and the Wailua Golf Course.

3Chihuahuas

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kauai Beach Villas

kauai beach villas, and the resort are right next to each other, and that is all that is there. No other restaurants, galleries, bars, t-shirt shops, etc. Which to me is good. As c3 his said, you are between the airport and the wailua river.

Pretty good location for exporing the island's different shores.

At the resort they do have a restaurant and an outdoor tiki bar overlooking the ocean. I believe that , if you are at the villas , you may be able to use the resort pool, but do check on that. Not totally certain.

You should not gave a problem listening to the waves. The villas are pretty much on the beach.

As far as the resort, we used to drive up from Banyan Habor where we live and go to dinner at the restaurant at the KBR.....that was a few years back, and it was good, but have not been there recently. They also had a nice breakfast and the ambiance is very nice.

Also, at the KBR they had a spa, and a fitness center. We treated ourselves to a double massage at that was pretty cool. I think you have to be a guest of the resort to use the small fitness room.

Only stayed there one time for a special Valentines gift, and had a great time. Again that was at the resort.

The beach is pretty long and perfect for beach combing and enjoy the ocean views.

Driving time to the more swimmable Kalapaki Beach, and Dukes is only about 10 minutes or so, And they have loads of water sports, a coco palm and shade tree very nice beach, as well as near by off property shops and restaurants.

You will have the wonderful peacefullness of the property, and an easy short drive to Kalapaki Beach, where the Marriot and Dukes are. No worries.

Have a super visit.

Denny

Edited: 6:54 pm, February 27, 2013
Chisago City...
Level Contributor
459 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kauai Beach Villas

The ocean view villas are amazing. Have fun!! You get access to the Kauai Beach Resort pools, too! Shutters Restaurant is on site at KBR. They have good food.

Texas
Level Contributor
152 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kauai Beach Villas

We love the ocean view condos at Kauai Beach Villas. The views are great. It is a good beach to walk but not to swim. You can use the Kauai Beach Resort pools which are very nice with a waterfall in the pool. One pool has a slide and you have a great view of the ocean . The trees at the entrance remind me of the tree tunnel going to Poipu.

oklahoma
Level Contributor
248 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kauai Beach Villas

awesome thank you for the replies, Actually looking into getting out there a day early thinking I will just get one night at the resort next door before our villa reservation. I would be open to just heading to north or south shore depending on the weather when we land and just getting a room wherever we are the night of the 16th. (unless it could be hard to get a nice room on short notice)

oklahoma
Level Contributor
248 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kauai Beach Villas

extended vacation a day get in on 16th around noon will need a room that night was thinking easiest would be kbv or kbr but would be open to suggestions on north or south shore that would be neat for a night. No real budget but have pregnant wife and 4 yr old(well behaved)

7. Re: kauai Beach Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, March 11, 2014