We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marjorie's Kauai Inn vs Kauai Country Inn

Williamstown, NJ
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Marjorie's Kauai Inn vs Kauai Country Inn

We have limited our choice of staying at 2 BBs between Kauai Country Inn and Marjories Kauai Inn in August

Both BB's have great rating on TA. Both are same price.

We would like any opinions which one might be better, We are going to Kauai for our 1st time for 5 nights for our 30th anniversary and would like a nice clean BB which would be a better base for exploring Kauai. We plan to visit north beaches and explore canyon and lots in between.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,723 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marjorie's Kauai Inn vs Kauai Country Inn

In late August I'd want to be closer to the north shore, which means Kaua`i Country Inn.

Williamstown, NJ
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marjorie's Kauai Inn vs Kauai Country Inn

Why more closer to north shores?

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,723 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marjorie's Kauai Inn vs Kauai Country Inn

The north shore will have the island's best swimming/snorkeling conditions in August. Kaua`i Country Inn puts you in a pretty central location with easy access to restaurants and shops. You're going to have to drive to the beach(es) from either inn.

FWIW, KCI comes very highly recommended by a good friend of mine who has stayed there twice.

Krum, Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marjorie's Kauai Inn vs Kauai Country Inn

We have stayed at the Kauai Country Inn 5 times since 2006 and can highly recommend them. Sorry, don't know anything about Marjorie's.

5. Re: Marjorie's Kauai Inn vs Kauai Country Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 02, 2014