We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car Discount Codes

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
350 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car Discount Codes

In years past, I have always gotten the best rate with Alamo thru Costco. This time the best deal I have found has been thru Discount hawaii. I have a mid-size with Thrifty for two weeks for a grand total of $475.26.

Anyone have any codes to use that would give me a better deal?

Thanks...we are on Kauai from March 9-23rd. Can't wait!!

California
Level Contributor
36,659 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car Discount Codes

That sounds like a good rate to me for spring break. Rental car rates have really gone up and I found on this trip nothing could beat Discount Hawaii. Even codes.

Do you need a mid size? I find I rent an economy and get a mid size anyway.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
70 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car Discount Codes

I'm a believer in Discount Hawaii Car Rental. They just saved us about $200 off of our rental car cost for the last half of February and seem, at least currently, to have the best deals going.

Port Hope, Michigan
Level Contributor
74 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car Discount Codes

We used Discount Hawaii last year and will again this year, best priceing we found.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,813 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car Discount Codes

It's hard to beat DHCR rates. You can find discount codes/coupons on Flyertalk forums (Car Rental Programs) and fatwallet (forums - Travel Discussion). Also sites like retailmenot.com

If you want/need the additional driver without a charge, Costco or DHCR is still the way to go. Continue to check with DHCR every month or so to see if there's an even better rate.

3Chihuahuas

Colorado
Level Contributor
248 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Car Discount Codes

we are booked into Kapa'a Sands for a week end of Feb and they gave us a discount code to use for Budget and one for Avis...much cheaper rates than without the promo code...so ask the place where you're staying if they have an agreement with any rental agency...just a thought...I was finding rates of $900 for just ONE week on some sites...the cheapest I ended up finding though was with Thrifty for $404.08 for the week (after taxes and fees) for Jeep Grand Cherokee...we wanted a 4WD...I also found substantially different rates day by day when I kept checking...ana

Evergreen, Colorado
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental Car Discount Codes

i booked through Discount Hawaii Car Rentals for 19 days from May 31 through June 18 for a total of $643.05. Received quote Nov 15. Since then I have been checking through Costco and other sources and nothing close to that price.

Colorado
Level Contributor
248 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental Car Discount Codes

just yesterday I tried the "DiscountHawaiiCarRentals" website and indeed, I got a better rate on Kauai through Thrifty than I'd gotten on my own, from $404 down to $373 and a better car to boot...I'm waiting for a response to my request for a car on Kona now...thanks so much for the tip....ana

8. Re: Rental Car Discount Codes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 18, 2014