We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wailua Bay View Condos. Noise Problem?

Salt Lake City, UT
2 posts
Save Topic
Wailua Bay View Condos. Noise Problem?

Hello All, just a quick question. My fiancee and I are planning to visit Kauai for our honeymoon and a friend recommended the Wailua Bay View Condos as a good place to stay.

After look at the reviews, it seems like a great location, close to the ocean, but noise seems to be a big problem with the main highway passing near the condos. Has anyone else stayed there and found this to be a problem? We are looking at staying in unit 111, which is farther away from the road, but I still fear the road noise will be a problem. Any advice?

Thanks for your help.

Salt Lake City, UT
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wailua Bay View Condos. Noise Problem?

Oops, I guess I should have searched a little harder. Looks like this post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29218-i304-k57147…

covers all my questions.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wailua Bay View Condos. Noise Problem?

Hi amw,

I've spent a lot of time visiting in 111 visiting. If your bedroom windows are open, you will hear people using the pool in the daytime, but you shouldn't be bothered with much road noise. I think honeymooners close their bedroom windows for privacy anyway, right? ;-)

You'll have a nice view from your lanai, for a ground floor unit. You're going to love it!

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wailua Bay View Condos. Noise Problem?

I wonder if kukuinut was the friend that recommended WBV? She's from SLC also....

SLC, Utah
Level Contributor
283 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wailua Bay View Condos. Noise Problem?

Maybe it was me??? I think we did post to each other about both living in SLC.

I loved the WBV condos.

While I was there, no one really used the pool. A family showed up after a few days of us being there and they had a few kids.

They used the pool in the evenings. But, they kept them real quiet.

I liked the pool - it is so pretty but I had a hard time laying out in the area. It's so protected that you don't get the tradewinds to cool off. You can take a dip to cool off but I just love those breezes off the ocean.

Now in Maui, we stayed in Kiehi (spelling??) once at the Maui Kamaole and then again at the Sands condos.

The Kamaole were fine - no road noise but the Sands - UGH!! Horrible. The living area faced the street and there were always rowdies outside. Motorcycles going up and down etc.

We had to keep the doors and windows shut because it was so loud late into the night.

The WBV is NOTHING like that at all. There's a lava wall that surrounds the place and maybe that helps with any noise???

I would stay at the Kamaole condos again, I would stay at the WBV and I would NOT stay or recommend the Sands (Maui).

Kukui

P.S. The stairways and hallways have just been re-carpted. Fred was getting that done while we were there. They look and feel great.