We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon help! Which parts of which islands?!

UK
Level Contributor
416 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon help! Which parts of which islands?!

Hi all, I'm in total confusion here! For my honeymoon next summer we're planning to fly via San Fran for 2 nights onto hawaii for 12 nights then home via vegas for 3 nights.

The Hawaii leg is causing the confusion... We are pretty much decided that we want to do Maui and we definitely want to visit Kuaui, the question is how do we split our 12 nights? Also what parts of each island should we be looking to stay for plush accomm, glorious beaches, snorkelling etc? Will be hiring vehicles so can explore but would like tips as to the perfect honeymoon base and the reasons why!

Budget is $100-$150 per night.

Thanks!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,081 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Honeymoon help! Which parts of which islands?!

BTW, I'll second KLeigh on Wailua Bay View. It's very nice and in a nice location. Easy to reach north and south shores, and within walking distance of many shops and several restaurants.

You'll want to ask for a condo as far on the north end of the building as possible; the ocean will mask any road noise there.

Or, if you can deal with a studio with Murphy bed, take a look at www.kapaasands.com. It's nice, but not luxe, but your lanai will be about 30-40' from the water. Nice grounds (non-smoking, though), and the complex is beautifully managed. Daily maid service, too.

UK
Level Contributor
416 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Honeymoon help! Which parts of which islands?!

pzp I can't thank you enough!

It looks as though we will be flying in and out of Honolulu as we're using airmiles to pay for our flights and flying into one and out of another puts the price up!

The reasons you listed to visit Waikiki are exactly the reasons we feel the need to be able to say we went there on our return home!

Anahiem, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Honeymoon help! Which parts of which islands?!

Hello there

First of all i thinks you should split it like this : Kauai 5 nights and Maui 7 nights in Kauai we recomend Princeville for your trip. and in maui we recomend Kapalua. In maui the best hotel is the Kapalua Bay its a 5 star for only 199 a night