We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Champagne Brunch

Fair Oaks...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
Sunday Champagne Brunch

Looking for a Sunday champagne brunch in Kauai, not in Princeville. Pricing is not a concern. Looking for the whole package...carving stations, breakfast bar, seafood and, of course, champagne! Trip planned for June 2012....

Thank you

California
Level Contributor
37,645 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Champagne Brunch

Gaylords, but I don't see the champagne part:

www.gaylordskauai.com/cuisine.html#brunch

I wasn't blown away by their brunch but that was about 3-4 years ago.

The Marriott in Lihue has a brunch with champagne I believe.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Champagne Brunch

Depending on which Sunday, you could hit the Taste of Hawaii

http://tasteofhawaii.com/Media.php

lots of small plates, but way fun.

I'd call the Hyatt, the Marriott Lihue and see what they are up to for the Sunday in question. I've been very underwhelmed by Sunday brunch at Gaylords in the past, but it's so long past I hesitate to comment any more. Things may have changed but I'm still not ready to forgive and give a 5th chance without some rave reviews.

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
814 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Champagne Brunch

Taste of Hawaii is a great event for a good cause. The year i went, we ate so much, we had to find shade and lay down and take a nap! We were so full, could barely walk!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Champagne Brunch

We will be in Kauai next week and had the exact same question! I am curious if you were able to find Sunday brunch?

Mahalo!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,727 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Champagne Brunch

The Grand Hyatt serves brunch every day of the week, from 6am to 11 am, and it's the same on Sunday's, and is now $31 a person.

It features an Omelette Station, pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, Eggs Benedict, Quiche, Salmon, Bacon, Sausage, fruits, juices, etc, etc.

The setting is in the open-air Ilima Terrace with Swans and koi fish swimming in the lagoon in front. You can see the ocean in the background.

…hyatt.com/hyatt/…

They don't include champagne in that price, but perhaps it can be ordered.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Champagne Brunch

Sounds good to me. we could walk to that, staying at Poipu

cincinnati ohio
Level Contributor
59 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Champagne Brunch

We just got back, but while we were there, went to Gaylord's brunch buffet twice-2 Sundays in a row! It was THAT good! You can purchase unlimited champagne for $10 extra. I think brunch was $30 pp. I had the champagne each time. The food was incredible(quality is there!), the atmosphere serene and intimate. Each time, there was live, quiet music and singing serenading you. One of my fave items was the ahi benedict(made to order), and the mini chocolate eclairs. Still dreaming of that place.

cincinnati ohio
Level Contributor
59 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday Champagne Brunch

Also, Kukui's at the Marriott has a champagne brunch. But, like I said, Gaylord's food was amazing.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,957 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday Champagne Brunch

Aloha from Kaua'i!

We went to the "brunch" at Ilima Terrace at the Grand Hyatt last Saturday - the Kaua'i Marathon expo and packet pick up was there, so hubby decided to go all out and have breakfast there.

It was indeed $31.00 (ouch!!!) and had a lot of things, no champagne (could be ordered separately however) - of these things "CAnative" mentions in the buffet:

"It features an Omelette Station, pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, Eggs Benedict, Quiche, Salmon, Bacon, Sausage, fruits, juices, etc, etc."

There were no pancakes or waffles - but they did have French toast. They did have the Omelette Station, but no Eggs Benedict or Quiche, nor salmon either.

They had portuguese sausage, bacon, huevos rancheros, scrambled eggs, hash browns, fried rice, steamed rice, miso soup, a selection of fruits and cheese, greek yogurt, regular yogurt, cereal, bagels (no cream cheese or lox though), toast and a few pastries.

Also they had guava juice, passion/orange juice/pineapple juice/milk - and you could order coffee, tea or soda.

Since we don't eat meat of any kind - for $31.00 it was definitely not a good value for our money - but it was probably the first time we've eaten there in about 4 years, so it was good food, just waay expensive IMO. And of course it is a beautiful location as well.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday Champagne Brunch

Hmm, wondering if it is worth it. we do eat meat, but.. We may just walk over one morn and decide. Would assume no big problem as drop in.

we did go there to great luau with our family of 15 a dozen years ago