We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help finding a property

Krum, Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Topic
Need help finding a property

We are getting a bit overwhelmed trying to find a great house/cottage for the first part of June. There are so many options looking on the Web. I thought I would throw this out for any last opinions before we reserve. We are looking for:

Cottage/House

1 to 2 bedrooms

Fantastic view

Secluded/quite

Private lanai with hot tub

Lush "jungle feel"

Beachfront or rural location

300.00 or less per night

The biggest selling point for us, would be

a beautiful view with a private deck.

Any ideas? Thanks Ed

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help finding a property

try these guys:

www.kauaivacationrentals.com

I know the owner -- she's great. As for price, no idea if they are the best deal but they have a great reputation.

The site has lots of pictures so you can see roughly what you are getting.

Kent, WA
Level Contributor
372 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help finding a property

Stayed here last July, would gladly stay again. Good luck, Harry

http://www.aninialoha.com/punana.htm

3. Re: Need help finding a property

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, March 27, 2006
El Cerrito CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help finding a property

Hi Ed,

Ok I really can only recommend one place to stay because thats where I find myself returning each year. Im not sure if you familiar with the island but my favorite place to stay is at the Hale Makai Cottages in Haena. This property doesn't seem to be well known maybe because of its remote location but its truly paradise. It fits your above hope to the T except they don't have a hot tub. The property is all ocean front with 5 cottages all with large lanai that overlook the waves rolling in. The property is all gated and very private. The owners take very good care of the property because with each trip I make I seem more and more impressed. I have stayed in just about all the cottages and they are all great.

You should check them out on there website

www.halemakaicottages.com

I hope this helps

Sallyann

Mentioned in this post
Haena
Haena
Kauai, HI
Krum, Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help finding a property

Thanks to all for the ideas,

Sallyann, do you have any opinions with cottages #4 or 5 at Hale Makai Cottages?

Is the view nice? Also, do the cottages have A/C or is it not needeed?

Thanks

Ed

El Cerrito CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help finding a property

Hi Ed,

My opinion on # 5 is that it sits back on the property but is pretty grand. I'm not sure what the occasion for your trip is but if your celebrating something special #5 would be amazing. You mentioned before the hot tub and since that was the only thing that they don't have #5 would in a way complete your list since both of its bathrooms are very spa-like one has a large soaking tub (not a hot tub but very close) and a large private deck area. This cottage I believe is a fairly new addition for years there were only four cottages, so it has a more upgraded look.

# 4 is a one bedroom one bath shower only with a very similar view of the ocean. The lanai is smaller but still perfect for morning breakfast overlooking the ocean. This cottage has an outdoor shower which I don't think I remember # 5 having. I know when we were there the outdoor shower is good especially to quickly rince off before making a snack.

I really don't think you can go wrong. Both are pretty amazing.

I am so excited you are considering them.

Oh...they don't have A/C but I have been all different times of the year and find that you really don't need it.

Sallyann

Krum, Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help finding a property

Thanks Sallyann,

I was looking at their website and it looks like #1 is also open for some of the nights in June that we will be visiting. Any opinions on that one? Do they all have decks?

I will be traveling with my Nephew to celebrate his high school graduation and this place looks great. By chance, do you have any pictures you could email me? If so, my email is benjiandjake@earthlink.net.

Thanks again,

Ed

El Cerrito CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help finding a property

Hi Ed,

Ok so I put a few of my photos onto picture trail to share with you.

http://www.picturetrail.com/nana-sallyann

Sallyann

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help finding a property

Hi SallyAnn - have you seen the view from #2? Looks really close to the beach. I am planning to go there too. Looks great!

thanks for your help