We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Poipu Condo?

Seattle
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Poipu Condo?

What do you think is the best poipu condo for under $200? Something with a separate bedroom, you can walk to a beach and the location is peaceful from road noise.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
364 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Poipu Condo?

Have you looked into Poipu Kai Resort? That's usually our first choice. You'll have to do some research to figure out the choices. This is a good starting point:

www.hawaiigaga.com/poipu-kai-resort.aspx

I've noticed many people here recommend Kiahuna Plantation. We've never been able to find an affordable unit that looked nice. Maybe the units have been updated in recent years. There are ones advertised for under $200/night:

outrigger.com/hotels-resorts/hawaiian-island…

Edited: 4:00 pm, January 11, 2012
Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Poipu Condo?

Try Kuhio Shores --every unit has a beautiful ocean view be it bayside or oceanfront. It is right next door the best snorkeling beach in the Poipu area and in your price range.

California
Level Contributor
37,261 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Poipu Condo?

Is that under $200 including tax and cleaning? Kuhio Shores are a bit more than $200/nt but maybe the longer the stay the deeper the discount????

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Poipu Condo?

We loved Poipu Kai as well. We were back a bit from the beach but if we didn't have the little kids a walk would hav ebeen fine. There is a decent comparison chart on suite-paradise.com. Some places don't have pools etc.. You have to decide what is important to you.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,978 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Poipu Condo?

Depending on Time of year I'll say Poipu Kapili and Waikomo Stream Villas.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,710 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Poipu Condo?

My husband booked a 2 bedroom condo at Waikomo Streams Villas condos in March for under $100/night. With tax and cleaning, it ended up being about $112/night. Prices will vary depending on season and avilability. He booked it through Parrish.

parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/waikomo-stream…

Edited: 12:16 am, January 12, 2012
California
Level Contributor
37,261 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Poipu Condo?

Can you find something at Poipu Kapili for under $200?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,978 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Poipu Condo?

You get a one bedroom at Poipu Kapili for under $200, sometimes, if you call the office and say, "when can I come that I can get a one bedroom for under $200". There are times of the year when it is slower and you can get great rates.

They are running a special right now through the end of January for $295 for a two bedroom, three bath.

Seattle
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Poipu Condo?

Thanks for the ideas I'll look over them. Trying to keep it under 200 total but would go a little higher for something special.

What about the marriott waihai beach club?

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,710 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Poipu Condo?

The Waiohai Beach Club is timeshares. The rack rates on the Marriott site are very high but you might be able to find something on Craigslist in your price range.