We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon - anywhere in Kauai

Atlanta
Level Contributor
134 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon - anywhere in Kauai

What would you reccommend as the best hotel for honeymooners, age 27, mid-June? Love sandy beaches and swimming beaches!

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon - anywhere in Kauai

It really depends on what you want for your honeymoon. The hotel with the nicest beach is the Sheraton in Poipu, but the hotel itself isn't real luxury.

The Hyatt is a very nice hotel with a great pool complex and restaurants, expensive, but the beach isn't great.

The Marriott in Lihue is a nice place on a pretty good beach. Kinda mid-range accomodations.

The Princeville on the north shore is a beautiful hotel, luxurious, expensive, and the beach is small but decent. It's right next to Hanalei bay which is a huge crescent of sandy beach. The weather in June will be better on the north shore than it would be say, in January.

Have fun deciding!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
134 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon - anywhere in Kauai

Is poipu the best location as far as sun goes for this time of year (mid-June)?

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon - anywhere in Kauai

The south and west shores of the island are the leeward sides and are usually more sunny any time of the year.

A lot of people take advantage of summer to visit the north shore, when the surf is calm and there's much less rain. During the summer months, you can actually have bigger surf on the south shore compared to the north. Summer surf on the north shore can be flat to a few feet. Winter months bring waves of 25-35 feet!!

El Cerrito CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon - anywhere in Kauai

Hi Sarac9978

How exciting! Congrats on your upcoming honeymoon. I can only recommend staying on the North Shore its far more hawaiian and definetely romantic.

I have always stayed at these small oceanfront cottages in Haena. The property is called Hale Makai Cottages. They are perfect for honeymoons in fact it seems that each time I have traveled there I always meet a young honeymoon couple.

You should definetely check them out. Hope this helps. What ever you decide I hope your honeymoon is unforgetable!

Sallyann