We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai lodging and things to do

lly
CT
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Kauai lodging and things to do

We (my husband and I and a toddler) are going to Kauai for just a few days (and then other islands)and would like to ask all you guys the follwing questons:

1 What are the things must do and see there and how many days minimum we need to spend there to accomlish them?

2 Which area in Kauai should we stay, either because of the best view/beach or any other reason, and it should not be too far from most of the attractions. And any recommendation for lodging (around $200 or a little more)?

Thx a lot.

1. Re: Kauai lodging and things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:30 pm, June 05, 2007
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,054 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kauai lodging and things to do

WBV is in a nice location. It's on the east side and gives you good access to most of the island. While the beach is pretty, it's only swimmable on very calm days. However, just down the road towards the airport is Lydgate Park, with manmade "pools" for safe swimming, and one of those elaborate, wooden play structures.

Great beaches for toddlers are: north shore- Ke'e and Anini; south shore - Po'ipu; (west side - Salt Pond.

IMHO, you need a bare minimum of 4 days on any of the islands just to hit the highlights without getting exhausted. Kaua'i, especially. You need to give yourself time to enjoy its laid-backness.

Must sees: Napali Coast (probably from a boat, with a toddler, but a helicopter tour is incredible), Waimea Canyon, Kilauea Light and Nature Preserve, Old Koloa Town, Hanalei, and as many different beaches as you can manage. If you snorkel, add Lawai Beach to the list.

YOu need to get a copy of Ultimate Kaua'i Revealed for info on Kaua'i, and the book written about whatever other island(s) you visit.

Where in CT are you?

Mentioned in this post
Hanalei
Hanalei
Kauai, HI
Ventura
Level Contributor
118 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kauai lodging and things to do

Poipu Beach is our favorite..

Highly recommend the Poipu Kai properties. (Next door to the Hyatt Regency.)

Very reasonable, spacious, well equipped condos. We stayed there many times.

Try the following website:

greathawaiivacations.com/PropertyHtmls/KAF95…

Bradley, Maine
Level Contributor
685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kauai lodging and things to do

I stayed for 4 days and nights. My advise... dont' try to hit it all. You'll miss the best part of it ...

Have 1 or 2 things you definatley want to do... and have a list of other options and play it by ear when you get there.

With a toddler.. I'd suggest staying in or near Kapa'a (east) just so that they can get in the water at lydgate. (if that isn't a priority that pick an area North, South/West, East...and explore that area.) You'll love it no matter what!