We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7-day Kauai "Itinerary"

DFW, TX
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
7-day Kauai "Itinerary"

The wife and I will be in Kauai for 7 full days at the end of May for some much needed R&R. There is so much info out there about what to do, etc., it's very tough to get your arms around the best way to spend your time. Below is our "loose" itinerary. I would be interested to hear what the experts think (too much emphasis on some, not enough emphasis on others, etc.). Thanks!

Zipline/Kayak - 1 day

Day hike Na Pali and Waimea - 2 days

Misc beaches - 2 days

Polynesian cult Fest/Limahuli Garden - 1 day

Resort/spa - 1 day

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,914 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7-day Kauai "Itinerary"

Sounds pretty good to me. You can do all the other things when you come back. <G>

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7-day Kauai "Itinerary"

Aloha, monkey

You have planned very well, and will have a ball exploring the different shores of the garden island.

A nice hike on the north shore in june would be the Hankapiai trail.

At the oposite end of the island, kokee, and wiamea canyon, the Pihea trail has some wonderful views of the kalalau valley, and the Canyon Trail, of Waimea Canyon road, is very nive for wiamea canyon views.

Also, near the Wailua River area is a wonderful hike: teh Kuilau Ridge Trail

Depening on when you are going to be there, a fanastic experience for a wide range of polynsian cultures, music, dancing and chants. It is held at the Veterans Auditorium in Lihue. Wonderful presentations and authentic renditions of hawaii,and polynesia.

We did go to the polynesian cultural event at Hanalei bay a couple of years ago,and it was not quite what we expected. We had fun, of course, but the halau in lihue was magnificent. Very special,and very moving.

I would say the audience was 98% local.

And very reasonable priced, might have been under ten bucks each. Not a luau, but they had cake sales, and a couple of other booths.

You have done a bang up job of planning your visit...it will be outstanding.

Me ke aloha pumehanna

Denny and Erica