We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My pictures from Jan. 29-Feb. 12, 2006

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
My pictures from Jan. 29-Feb. 12, 2006

For those of you who have dial-up----I'm sorry! I tend to go crazy taking pictures! But, of course, they're all great! If you'ld like to see them, check them out here:

imagestation.com/album/?id=2109146350

You have to add the www. to it.

There are 854 pictures---all are titled. The last 350 or so are from my older digital with the underwater housing.

Let me know what you think!

Illinois
Level Contributor
952 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: My pictures from Jan. 29-Feb. 12, 2006

I've resisting going digital--how long have you used yours, and which model is your favorite?

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: My pictures from Jan. 29-Feb. 12, 2006

jbillin

I've been mostly digital for 4 or 5 years now. I started with a little 2M Kodak as an addition to taking my Canon 1n 35mm. When that 2m Kodak camera died, I got a Kodak dc5000 which still works well, but I've since bought an slr digital (CAnon) which uses my 35mm lenses---that's when I quit hauling my 1n around, too. The little 2m digital I used underwater was a camera my husband won a couple years ago (Canon Powershot A40). I got the underwater housing for it off Ebay for about $40. I bought the Canon 10D because I had all the CAnon lenses for it. For a first digital, I'd recommend something from any major company and at least 3M--although I've been quite happy with my 2M for uncropped 4x6 pictures. It's amazing what the little point and shoot cameras can do now and the quality of their pictures!

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: My pictures from Jan. 29-Feb. 12, 2006

Sheesh! Forty bucks?? If you knew how much I paid for my housing, strobe, etc. !!!

Boise, ID
10 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: My pictures from Jan. 29-Feb. 12, 2006

Thanks for the info. about the Luau. When you say tour the resort...are you talking about the resort next door or the Pahio Kauai Beach Villas? How long did the tour take? For $180 discount..it may be worth it.

thanks for the info.

Boise, ID
10 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: My pictures from Jan. 29-Feb. 12, 2006

one more question...is the beach accessible at the Pahio Kauai Beach Villas? ANy other info. you can give me re: this facility would be greatly appreciated. We are first time users in March. I assume not all of the units are through the Pahio time share...correct?

thanks

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: My pictures from Jan. 29-Feb. 12, 2006

WE went to the Pahio timeshare presentation. We're already owners there, so usually have questions for them on what's going on there. So it's worth it for us. It took maybe 1 1/2 hours. They weren't too hard sale on us---don't know if that's because we're already owners or just their nature. We also did a timeshare presentation at Shell Vacation club in Kapaa (Kauai Beach REsort) as a requirement for a special we got for my son and duaghter in law to stay there for 4 nights (much more hard sale, but we're good at saying no). They also gave us substantial discounts on a sunset Napali cruise and the "kids" kayak tour. I know a lot of people dispise the presentations and their hard sales, but when you're there for 2 weeks we can afford to "visit" other resorts and take advantage of them. I rather enjoy seeing the resorts and how much they're trying to get for them. Hard sales don't bother us, and we actually spend more time talking to the sales people about their lives in Kauai, than the actual resort.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: My pictures from Jan. 29-Feb. 12, 2006

donovd

You're right, at Kauai Beach Villas, there are about 150 units and only about 100 are actually owned by Pahio at this time. Of the other 50 units, some have full time residents and some are rented out through another company. Since the RAdisson next door sold out, the new owner doesn't allow the KBV people to use their pool, so Pahio has decided to build their own fancier pool and put 2 jacuzzis in it. They haven't stated when they're going to start that yet, but I hope it's completed before we go next year! The pool and jacuzzi they have now are nice--but more like a hotel pool and jacuzzi. When construction on that begins, there will be no pool or jacuzzi for KBV for awhile. I do have a separate album of Pahio KBV on Imagestation, too. If you'ld like to see it, check it out at imagestation.com/album/pictures.html… add www. to it.

The beach by the resort is pretty and easily accessible. You can wade in parts of it at low tide (see the pictures in my 2006 album). But the east side is not considered swimmable (accept in a few coves and Lydgate, the man made snorkel spot which I highly recommend). Currents, rocky ledges, and undertows are suppose to be too bad.

Bradley, Maine
Level Contributor
685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: My pictures from Jan. 29-Feb. 12, 2006

Holy Pictures Batman!

You're are much better than mine. I don't trust myself not to lose my camera so I just used disposable,... and even looking through the view finder I knew it wouldn't do it justtice. Nice to see someone's how can actually take pictures!