We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
64 reviews
DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com

Has anyone used this company for car rentals? They are being very prompt in giving me quotes but their prices ($293/Thrifty/Sebring) are unbelievably low compared to what Travelocity ($693/Hertz/Mazda 6) quoted. I would hate to find out that the estimated price they are giving me is a hoax and that it will actually come out to be much higher. We're going at Christmas and I'm starting to book tours etc.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com

They have done a excellent job of delivering good service at impressive rates to friends visiting Kauai.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
19,100 posts
1 review
2. Re: DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com

I've used them with no problems at all. The whole process, once you get to Kauai, is no different than if you booked direct. You'll get an email confirmation directly from alamo, thrifty, whoever, just like you normally would. It will have their confirmation number and look the same as what you'd normally get direct from them. The process when you get to the desk at the airport is no different. I'm not even sure if the employees even know you booked it through an intermediary.

If it makes you feel any better you can call the car rental company and just reconfirm your reservation with them.

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
147 reviews
3. Re: DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com

We've had nothing but good experiences with this company. I would not hesitate to use them again.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
950 posts
234 reviews
4. Re: DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com

we've used them frequently with good results. As mentioned above it's no different than booking through costco or another agency. The reservations are fully cancelable without penalties unlike hotwire or priceline.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
12,121 posts
565 reviews
5. Re: DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com

We are getting scalped on our rental. Maybe I better check them out.

Yakima, Washington
Level Contributor
322 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com

I just reserved a minivan, (granddaughter, son and his wife from Anchorage are joining us) through DiscountHawaii for 10 days for $531. Much cheaper than Costco and other discounts. Plus one free additional driver. I received a confirmation from Avis also. Made the reservation because of favorable comments on TA.

denville, nj
Level Contributor
765 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com

I've used them several times, never any problems.

NYC
Level Contributor
85 posts
23 reviews
8. Re: DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com

we just used them this past week while on the island (10/6-10/13). we got a jeep wrangler for 7 days through thrifty (via discount hawaii car rental) for $240. the rate was indeed honored when we checked in. the company also does not charge for extra drivers which i understand others do. i recommend! just remember that with insurance plans, taxes, and of course gas...your price will most definitely go up...but rest assure that the "week rate" will be honored by them.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
382 posts
1 review
9. Re: DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com

I just went on their website and they confirmed a rental with Budget for almost $300 less then I got myself thru Budget. Now I have two reservations with Budget. One thru discounthawaiicarrental for $393 and another with Budget for $687. I don't understand how they can be so cheap. I got the email from Budget confirming my confirmation. Do I have to cancel my other reservation with Budget? I just worry that the one thru discounthawaiicarrental won't be good and I would still have the original reservation with Budget if it didnt go thru.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
19,100 posts
1 review
10. Re: DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com

The reason Discount Hawaii's quote to you is so much cheaper than going direct is because they have negotiated rates with the vendors each year, right before the beginning of the year. So they're able to give those rates to everyone, throughout the year. Their rates won't rise dramatically as you approach the year end because they locked in the rate months ago. Not any different than what airline wholesalers do, with their contracts with the airlines

So why are you afraid the rez. thru DHCR won't we good? you have a direct confirmation from the rental company right? Those confirmations come directly from them and have their own confirmation number on it. It's no different than the confirmation you'd get going direct.

This is what I always tell people who are concerned about using this intermediary..........call the rental company directly. Give them your confirmation number and confirm that it is indeed valid. Or go online to the rental company and input your conf. number and check the status of that confirmation number. Do these if it makes you feel better.