We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Happy Hour in Kauai

South Lyon, Michigan
Level Contributor
163 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Happy Hour in Kauai

I searched the forums and the last time this was asked was 2006, so here we go.

Where is the best happy hour for good cheap pupu's and cocktails. Beer specials are great, Mai Tai specials are better. We are in Kapaa, but will be going all over, so any advice on different area's would be great. Thanks.

-Dan

Princeville, Kaua`i...
Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Happy Hour in Kauai

Friday nights are "free taco bar" night at Olympic Cafe in Kapa`a -- makai (ocean side) of highway, upstairs in the green building (parking lot is in back).

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,846 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Happy Hour in Kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Tradewinds at the Coconut Marketplace in Kapa'a always advertises a "happy hour" with less expensive drinks and pupus.

I haven't personally been to it myself, but Tradewinds has been around forever and is pretty popular! It was a big hangout a few years ago for some of the stars of a film being made here.

Malama Pono,

Janet

P.S. - I'm not sure if they have a "Happy Hour" but Duke's Barefoot Bar at Kalapaki Beach (the Lihu'e Marriot) has a wonderful location.

Port Lavaca, Texas
Level Contributor
606 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Happy Hour in Kauai

We enjoyed happy hour on Fridays at Happy Talk Lounge...free pupus, cheaper drinks and entertainment. Plus a killer view.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Happy Hour in Kauai

New fun discovery, that we really like. I believe their happy hour is only lower beer prices, but they have a full bar, and you will be getting a well poured coctail or tropical treat.

They have a pupu menu. Great view from their open air second story, and the place is full of positive vibes.

KALAPAKI JOES.... only about in biz three weeks, but they have become pretty popular with locals as well as visitors.

Super friendly, and great fun.

They also have a seperate suhshi bar off the main dining area. The regular bar and dining area will be off to your left from the entrance.

Located at the Harbor Mall, upstairs, across from the Marriot in Lihue. Kalapaki beach is in front of the Marriot ( Duke Barefoot bar is also at the Marriot )

Less expensive places to drink, local crowd:

1. Tradewinds in the coconut market place..

1A. Riptydze in Lihue on Umi road, off Rice...

( same owners )

2. Robs good time bar and grille in Lihue...unless you order a call, then more bucks.

3. Poipu Bar and Grille, in Poipu at Poipu Kai. They have low prices on maitais for happy hour.

Well drinks also have happy hour prices. Locals start getting there at about 3 pm.

All of the above have pupus on the menu.

Denny

5. Re: Best Happy Hour in Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 04, 2009