We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FYI FM 91.9 and 90.9 for island music.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
FYI FM 91.9 and 90.9 for island music.

I am not advertising for these stations...only want to share that I found these stations a couple years ago and always tune in when I visit. It is just a very pleasant accompaniment to the sun, sand, surf and swaying palms.

Visitors might enjoy tuning in these music stations in their cars, condos/hotels or quietly at a beach. Both 91.9 (East, South and West sides) and 90.9 (North Shore) play island music (mostly Hawaiian and some reggae/ska) almost continuously with local ads and information in the mix. They play ancient, modern and now popular artists and between sets provide interesting footnotes about the music and artists. It is helpful to have an idea what CD you might want to carry home after hearing something that appeals to you. Extensive selection of island music in Lihue is at Tropic Isle Music (Anchor Cove mall). Hilo Hattie has some you can preview before you buy. WalMart and K-Mart carry popular CDs and you can save a couple dollars. The latter two have better prices on Kauai videos as well.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FYI FM 91.9 and 90.9 for island music.

Just informational...no reply necessary.