Had a great time and appreciate all of the recommendations from all of you in preparations for this trip!
A couple of notes:
- I do NOT recommend the Smith Luau and am disappointed that it is supposed to be the best on the island. I would skip this event on this island. On another note, Old Lahaina Luau on Maui is truly excellent.
- Dolphin's in Hanalei had very good seafood and great cheap sushi rolls in the attached fish market.
- Bubba's Burgers was awful!
- Sushi Blues had wonderful food in an equally wonderful atmosphere.
- The Sunset Cruise on the Lucky Lady with Kauai Tours was well worth it and I highly recommend it as a great way to see the Na Pali coast, and some fun loving dolphins.
- Highly recommend Manan Divers. Did a wonderful job instructing me for advanced certification, great friendly attitude and guided to great dive locations!
- Snorkeling at Tunnels Beach is mandatory! Went back repeatedly for more! Best spot is to the left near the channel. Though parking is very limited...get there early.
- Regret not visiting the beach furthest west from the south shore...saw it from the catamarran during the sunset cruise. Lots of sand dunes and barely any people.
- Very much recommend staying on the north shore if you are looking to relax and get away from the bustle. Kapa'a is a bottleneck of traffic and Poipu is littered with resorts.
Mahalo to everyone for all of your advice and bon voyage to all who are on their way!