We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned

Bend
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Just returned

Had a great time and appreciate all of the recommendations from all of you in preparations for this trip!

A couple of notes:

- I do NOT recommend the Smith Luau and am disappointed that it is supposed to be the best on the island. I would skip this event on this island. On another note, Old Lahaina Luau on Maui is truly excellent.

- Dolphin's in Hanalei had very good seafood and great cheap sushi rolls in the attached fish market.

- Bubba's Burgers was awful!

- Sushi Blues had wonderful food in an equally wonderful atmosphere.

- The Sunset Cruise on the Lucky Lady with Kauai Tours was well worth it and I highly recommend it as a great way to see the Na Pali coast, and some fun loving dolphins.

- Highly recommend Manan Divers. Did a wonderful job instructing me for advanced certification, great friendly attitude and guided to great dive locations!

- Snorkeling at Tunnels Beach is mandatory! Went back repeatedly for more! Best spot is to the left near the channel. Though parking is very limited...get there early.

- Regret not visiting the beach furthest west from the south shore...saw it from the catamarran during the sunset cruise. Lots of sand dunes and barely any people.

- Very much recommend staying on the north shore if you are looking to relax and get away from the bustle. Kapa'a is a bottleneck of traffic and Poipu is littered with resorts.

Mahalo to everyone for all of your advice and bon voyage to all who are on their way!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Just returned

LilWahine,

Where, what time and what company did you do the sunset cruise with and it was of the Napali coast, right?

Aloha

Bend
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Just returned

quija01 -

It was the Na Pali Sunset Cruise with Kauai Tours on the Lucky Lady. They are located in Port Allen and requested that we be there at 3pm for a 4pm-8pm ride.

Have a great time!

Brooten,Mn
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Just returned

Great! When are you goind back?