We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best flower lei prices?

Colorado
2 posts
Save Topic
Best flower lei prices?

Our first trip to Kauai is coming. We always stopped at the KMart in Maui to buy Hawaii tourist stuff. But where is the best reasonably priced selection in Kauai? I'm hoping to find leis other than just the standard orchid variety. We will be staying near Kepuhi Beach on the North Shore.

TIA,

abitjaded

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,262 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best flower lei prices?

Aloha!

Kauai is definitely less touristy, which I found refreshing. We bought that kind of stuff at WalMart, right in Lihue, and there are also several ABC stores, though not as many as Maui has.

Probably the nicest leis I purchased was from a truck along the road side - fresh made and just beautiful.

You will love the North Shore - I think it is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Go to Ke'e beach - heaven!

Have a wonderful vacation!

:)

Hamakua
Level Contributor
393 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best flower lei prices?

Aloha Abitjaded,

I'm not sure specifically about Kauai, but most airports have at least one lei seller or more with a nice variety at the larger airports. We get our leis at the grocery store so you may look there. Ask someone when you get there, the best leis may be made by their auntie.

A hui hou,

Hotzcatz

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best flower lei prices?

Wal-Mart has a pretty good selection of leis in the refrig at the entrance. There's also a flower place called Flowers Forever in Lihue (808)245-4717 that can make whatever kind of lei you want.

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best flower lei prices?

Aloha abitjaded,

We found a lady selling Plueria(sp?) Leis at Wailua Falls that were wonderful and very fragrant! I bought one for my daughter and one for my wife for $7 (NOT EACH! Both together were $7.00). They only lasted a couple of days in the nice warm weather, but definately not a bad price for a real flower lei! I saw other people that were selling them roadside, but never checked them out.

As for trinkets to bring home, there is always WalMart in Lihue which has a section devoted to those type of things. There is also another shop in Lihue that specializes in touristy type gifts....But I am totally drawing a blank on the name right now...(Something like Hilo Hatties I think) that is supposed to be a good place to shop as well.

We found many nice things at reasonable prices at the Coconut Marketplace in Wailua/Kapaa area.

Have a great time on Kauai!! Wish I was back again (and I only got back to the mainland 2 weeks ago!!)

Aloha

Dan

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best flower lei prices?

Wow...After looking over my post I should have said Plumeria(sp?) for the type of flower lei I bought.

Aloha

Dan