We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taste of Hawaii

Kansas
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Taste of Hawaii

We have been fortunate enough of obtain tickets to Taste of Hawaii on June 5. We would be very grateful for any information on this event - what they offer food and drink wise, what to wear, etc.

Honolulu, HI
Level Contributor
178 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taste of Hawaii

You can wear anywhere from nice shorts, collar shirt, all the way up to a casual suit for men, a sundress up to sequins for women...the range is pretty wide, so whatever makes you feel comfortable is my recommendation. i've been to the TOH many times (not this year as I will be on Oahu that weekend), and the food and wine are top-notch, suitable for all palates and preferences, lots of seafood, local-grown produce, etc., and all of the top chefs participate...yummy desserts too!

Seattle
Level Contributor
388 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taste of Hawaii

The website is http://www.kapaa.rotary-site.org/toh.html

Some of the official advertising states "Tickets are all inclusive. Free parking. Aloha attire suggested." I'm guessing Aloha attire is Hawaiian prints???

Kansas
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taste of Hawaii

I noticed that there is a possibility of rain on June 5 - how does rainy weather affect the TOH festivities?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taste of Hawaii

Taste can be extremely warm so bring a hat and don't wear a suit !!!! Dress shorts/Aloha shirt for guys. Nice casual clothing for women. Sunscreen is a must. It's been humid lately but that's par for June.

As for rain. It always seems to rain a little. There are pavillions and other covered areas to hide in 'til it passes. It's held at a tropical garden/luau site so there is a small ampitheatre with cover as well. Good spot to sit and digest with a cold drink. You'll need the break as there is way too much good food. Pace yourself!

Food is usually 1-2 bites of something fancy put together by roughly 30-35 different chefs. You'll see bbq beef to fancy shrimp to chocolate desserts to ice cream. Huge selection.

Drinks range from water/soda stations to beer and wine. I've never seen hard alcohol.

There is also a silent auction with fine art, vacation rentals, activities, craft items. Things usually get bid up to fair value but sometimes you can get a deal.

Kansas
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taste of Hawaii

We just returned from our Kauai trip and I wanted to thank all of you who helped me out with TOH info. It was probably my favorite part of our time there. We had so much fun and the food was incredible!