We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for North Shore cottage?

ABL
Boston
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for North Shore cottage?

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Hawaii with my husband for August. We're planning to spend 5-7 days on Kauai, and it seems like the perfect time to be in the North Shore. We're looking for a cottage for about $1000-$1500 for the week or about $200 a night. I've found a few but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions since I feel I could easily miss somewhere on-line. Being within walking distance of a beach would be a huge plus, but for the right place we could forgo. Since its just the two of us ( and we live in a tiny apartment) size isn't such an issue, but "romantic" would be great. Looking to beach bum, hike, and cook local produce/seafood. Thanks for any recommendations!!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for North Shore cottage?

We stayed here last time:

kauaivacationrentals.com/book/houseP.html…

And enjoyed it. Just the right size for a couple, and the hot tub up on the hill is great. Also had an oversized shower and two person soaking tub. It was very secluded, some traffic noise but the landscaping kept it private. The only downside was that the hot tub was up on a hill with a house overlooking it, so that was not completely private. It was a short walk down to Kalihiwai Bay or a short drive over to anini beach. Not a whole lot up in that area but it's only about a 10 minute drive down the road to a supermarket near princeville for supplies.