We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pali Ke Kua or The Cliffs?

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Pali Ke Kua or The Cliffs?

Hi-

My family is visiting the north shore for 10 nights at the end of March 2019. We've narrowed down our condo choices to 2 options.

1. Pali Ke Kua (PKK). Has a GREAT view and in-room AC.

2. The Cliffs. Less expensive, ok view, no AC. Better amenities?

Both are within budget, so wondering if anyone can chime in on picking one over the other.

A little bit about our family:

This is our 3rd visit to Kauai

Condo is for a family of 6:

-Mom & Dad 40-something

-4 kids: 16yr, 15yr, 10yr, 8yr

We wake up early and spend most of our day exploring the island, grab some fresh fish at a fish market, fruits and veggies from the farmer's market and spend the evening cooking a locally sourced dinner while the kids play in the pool.

We don't stay up late since we are accustomed to Eastern Time.

We are aware of the BBQ situation at PKK and the owner has offered to purchase an electric grill if we go with that unit.

Thanks for your advice! Much appreciated :)

Mentioned in this post
The Cliffs at Princeville
580 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
4 replies to this topic
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
16,438 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pali Ke Kua or The Cliffs?

I wouldn't let the a/c be a deal breaker because it gets really cool at night in that area, especially in March.

California
Level Contributor
40,057 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pali Ke Kua or The Cliffs?

If anything ask for extra blankets.

So PKK has a view? If so I would always choose that complex over Cliffs due to location.

The Cliffs is good for kids though because they got mini golf, basketball courts etc. PKK's pool is meh!

Mentioned in this post
580 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pali Ke Kua or The Cliffs?

Jebett...Thanks for your reply...you kind of hit the nail on the head...I'm thinking The Cliffs would be better for the kids but I can't get over the view at PKK. Could you give more details about how PKK location is better?

California
Level Contributor
40,057 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pali Ke Kua or The Cliffs?

1. PKK has a good restaurant on site (pizza for kids)

2. Its walkable to St Regis Hotel

3. Close to Hideaways Beach but March will be too rough anyway but for anyone one else reading

4. I like the views facing the mountains vs the views at Cliffs of just water (but it is good for whale watching but PKK is too)

Downside is the bbq but if the owner is willing (and legally can do it) to buy a grill, bonus points. What unit is it? Only thing I don't like about PKK is ground floor units. If its a 2 story one, good. Ground floor, bad.

Cliffs are timeshares mostly. Its a well run complex but a distance from anything. I like them but not as much as other places. I think the lanais are small.

Mentioned in this post
St. Regis Princeville Resort
St. Regis Princeville...
3,029 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Reply to: Pali Ke Kua or The Cliffs?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted