We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap lodging in Pahoa

Taos, NM
2 posts
Save Topic
Cheap lodging in Pahoa

Hello,

I am planning on visiting Pahoa, Hilo area for 3 weeks in October 2006. Does anyone know of a place where I can stay that is very resonable? Flights can be inexpensive but lodging seems to be more difficult to find.

Thank-you

carylwestwood@hotmail.com

Hamakua Coast, BI
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap lodging in Pahoa

What do you consider reasonable? For that amount of time, many of the B&Bs or studio rentals etc may give you a deal especially since it is off season. It will most likely cost more if you stay in Hilo versus Puna area where Pahoa is. The very cheapest digs in Hilo would be the hostel downtown, nice but noisy and Arnotts Lodge rents rooms I think. They also have camping. Most the rentals for Puna can be found on vrbo.com. Pahoa and Hilo are quite a ways apart so besides Hilo you can check on Keaau, Mt View, Kurtistown, Pahoa, and even Kapoho at the coast.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,878 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap lodging in Pahoa

here's a page of places in that area about as reasonable as they come:

www.alternative-hawaii.com/accom/bibpun.htm

I like this site. It features interesting places.

What rate were you thinking of?

When looking at places in Lower Puna, remember that as there is no mail delivery there many places hava a Pahoa addreass but are not in the town of Pahoa ...

assuming you're looking for Pahoa Village and don't mean Puna, you want to doublecheck to see if it's really in Pahoa. Or are you looking around anywhere in the general area? It's a big place, Puna, then if you add in Hilo, that's a lot of territory.

You might want to figure out where you plan to spend your time and stay relatively close to that as gas is so expensive. It can cost $20 easily to make a round trip from Kapoho to Hilo town, for example.

3. Re: Cheap lodging in Pahoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, August 12, 2009