We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kauai and the big island

Chelmsford...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
kauai and the big island

i have 3 weeks how should i split up my time between the big island and kauai

LA
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: kauai and the big island

Assuming you are renting a car, two weeks on The Big Island, split between the west side and the east side, and one week on Kauai.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,848 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kauai and the big island

I answered on the other thread, but for clarity's sake, I'll repeat here:

I would spend two weeks on the Big Island split approximately 75/25 between a west and east side base respectively, and a week on Kauai. The BI because of its size almost needs to be thought of as two islands.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,803 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kauai and the big island

It would help if you told us more about who is coming, what you plan to do, your general taste, your budget, and especially the month of the year. In general I would go with Sheaʻs formula, but there could be reasons to spend more time east depending on what you tell us.

Thereʻs no one right answer for everyone, and you told us basically nothing about yourself here, so itʻs hard to know what would be best for you.

4. Re: kauai and the big island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 27, 2015