We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
car rental

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if Discount Hawaii Car Rentals is legit? I have a reservation through them that is a huge price difference from everything else quoted and when I checked the conformation # with Avis it said nothing was found. I truly hope it is for real because It would crush my budget if not. Thanks for the help.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,232 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental

Yes, they are legitimate - suggest calling or emailing Discount Hawaii to get it sorted out. Good luck!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,314 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental

Yes, I use them for all my Hawaiian car rentals and they have never failed me. :)

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,232 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental

Just to add - hopefully this is the company that you used and not another one with a similar sounding name: http://discounthawaiicarrental.com/

Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental

Yes thats the one and Thank You!

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
39,625 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental

Great company to use, but you do want your confirmation number to be found, so straighten out whatever is causing that so you donʻt have a headache at the counter or kiosk.

Nanaimo
Level Contributor
24 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental

Rented a car for 15 days through Discount Hawaii - selected an Alamo car, Mar 2014

100% satisfied with both companies - very straightforward and completely hassle free.

7. Re: car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 14, 2015