We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crazy heavy rain and lightning today Hamakua Hilo Puna

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,758 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Crazy heavy rain and lightning today Hamakua Hilo Puna

Don't even think about coming east today. We're getting rain today at rate of 2-3 inches per hour and fierce lightning and thunder for over 24 hours. Flash flooding is a high probability.

Civil Defense is warning people to stay inside.

I had an appointment but I just canceled it. It makes no sense to be on the road today.

I heard there was also heavy rain affecting south of Kailua Kona yesterday. Maybe wahine can update that.

Happy New Year from Hilo!

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,843 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Crazy heavy rain and lightning today Hamakua Hilo Puna

By the way, while I love Guy Hagi, he said it was supposed to be dry today. We're getting another deluge. :-(

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,758 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Crazy heavy rain and lightning today Hamakua Hilo Puna

Aww...

I doubt itʻs much consolation, but itʻs sunny and drive where I am, and I expect in Hilo too.

33. Re: Crazy heavy rain and lightning today Hamakua Hilo Puna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 02, 2015