We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Parasailing in Kona

Peoria, Arizona
3 posts
Save Topic
Good Parasailing in Kona

Hi ,

We will be in Kona in mid december.Can anyone suggest good company for parasailing in Kona?

Thanks,

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
25,792 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Parasailing in Kona

I could be wrong, but I think there's only one parasailing company on the island, and that's UFO in Kailua Kona. They're very limited in the area they can go, just Kailua Bay, so I don't think there's room for more than one operator. They limit the area primarily because of concerns about whales. On Maui they just ban it altogether during whale season but here they just have the one operator (I think) that runs in a small space.

Peoria, Arizona
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Parasailing in Kona

Thanks Shea for the information.You are awesome.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
159 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Parasailing in Kona

I'm not sure if it is one or two companies, but there is certainly more then one boat that does parasailing. I can see them from my house daily. Another sort of annoying Kailua Bay activity is the jet skis. I don't feel strongly one way or the other about jet skis, but the way this particular business is run and the location is just wrong.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
25,792 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Parasailing in Kona

Im pretty sure it's just UFO running three boats.

5. Re: Good Parasailing in Kona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 02, 2014