We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jellyfish?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
199 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Jellyfish?

Read a trip report that mentioned jellyfish. We will be on the Big Island June 28-July 12 and am now concerned, are jellyfish common on the island? We never thought about it before when we were there the last two years. Guess it never crossed my mind, but am now abit worried.

Advise or information please?

Thanks very much.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
25,416 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jellyfish?

No they are not common. I have never been stung by one in 20 years of swimming, snorkeling, diving, etc here, usually several times a week for the past 15 years.

It is helpful to do a forum search and read through recent topics before posting a question as this was just covered here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29217-i268-k65965…

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
199 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jellyfish?

Thank you, sorry I did not search the topic. Funny, that was the same trip report I read mentioning jellyfish. I will read the thread you attached. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks again.

3. Re: Jellyfish?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 20, 2014