We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break 2014

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
606 reviews
Save Topic
Spring Break 2014

We are visiting TBI sometime in April or May 2014 and wish to avoid Spring Break and other crowded times. Can anyone comment on a date after which we can avoid the crowds in 2014? Easter is April 20, 2014 but how long do the spring break crowd stay for?

Thanks!

ZB

California
Level Contributor
5,764 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break 2014

Except for Thanksgiving/Christmas and the Iron Man Race the Big Island is never crowded, even in summer. I would go with which ever has the best price. Spring Break has very little impact of the Big Island or on any of the Hawaiian Islands. My son just returned from Maui and felt it was very slow compared to our normal summer family trips. The Big Island is famous for having next to no crowds.

Edited: 6:06 pm, March 31, 2013
Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
24,488 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break 2014

I complain about the Spring Break "crowds" on the BI.... but that's because I'm a spoiled brat :-) I had an awesome beach all to myself last week. You will see more people at some spots like Hapuna and Kua Bay, but really it's nothing like the other islands. If you do have flexibility, though, things will be cheaper and even more quiet if you avoid the Break and come the week after Easter,

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,684 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Break 2014

The only thing with Easter, is the east side will be crazy busy for Merrie Monarch. If they hold it the week after Easter, east side will be booked solid until May 3-4.

It is possible that they could hold the festival as a run up to Easter, as it has been done before, due to the late Easter, but the dates arenʻt announced yet. If you decide to come between May 5th and Memorial Day, you will be here at a lovely yet uncrowded time.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
606 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Break 2014

Thanks you all!

ZB

5. Re: Spring Break 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, March 07, 2014
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,143 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring Break 2014

You have been reported... no advertising on TA please.

7. Re: Spring Break 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, March 08, 2015