We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boogie boards

Coldwater, MI
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Boogie boards

Last time we went to the Big Island, we bought my daughter a board with a mask to snorkel. She is now 5 years older and we thought she would like to boogie board while we are there. Does anyone know approx. prices at the Walmart/Kmart in Kona? I have checked online at some places, but they are pretty expensive.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boogie boards

booghe boarders tell me that the wal mart and costco boards are less than good... and that paying the extra for a good board is an investment

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boogie boards

if it costs less than 50 it will be short lived.... better ones coat about 75 which is not that expensive for what fun it can deliver. My friends say the better boards skide for ever and with ease

Coldwater, MI
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boogie boards

We plan to bring it home, so I guess I will fork over the extra dough.:) I guess she will be helping around the house more! LOL

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
205 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boogie boards

Okay, I'll weigh in. I shopped this scene pretty hard while on the Big Island in April. I have a 5-year-old and an 8-year-old. The best deal and selection was at Kmart, not Walmart. They had some nice ones for $30-$50, and they had some cool little kids ones for $10. I bought decent one (about $30) and two cheap ones ($11 ea) for my kids. We stayed at the Hapuna Prince and worked these boards over hard and they never failed us.

Coldwater, MI
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boogie boards

Thanks. I may do the same and get one nice one and one cheap one.