We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiian dresses or sarong sets or ...what for photos on...

Rochester Hills, MI
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hawaiian dresses or sarong sets or ...what for photos on...

Since hubby and I are heading back to hawaii next month for our anniversary, i wanted to have our wedding photographer take some beach pics of us since we did not have a chance to take wedding pics on the beach since it rained (yea, actually rained quite a bit on the coast, believe it or not)!

anyways, i don't want to wear a wedding dress, but i do want to find something sexy yet romantic and most importantly hawaiian.

Can anyone give me some ideas of what to wear and where to look for it? either on line or once we arrive.

I have checked hilohattie.com as well as some other sites, but i just cannot seem to find anything that fits.

so, i need some great ideas!

Male and female opinions welcomed!

Indianapolis...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaiian dresses or sarong sets or ...what for photos on...

Not sure how you feel about nuidty, but what about TASTEFUL nude pics where the poses cover body parts.

You could also get creative and use flowers as a bikini top and sarong as skirt.

Hey, you said sexy!

Rochester,NY
Level Contributor
357 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaiian dresses or sarong sets or ...what for photos on...

MrsWiz-

You must check out tropicaltantrum.com. I bought a dress at their Kapaa store on Kauai on the recommendation of my friend who lives in Anahola who has bought several dresses there for special occasions. They offer very unique, beautifully designed batik patterned clothing in a variety of styles and colors. The quality is excellent. I received so many compliments on the dress I bought, I plan on buying myself another one on our next visit. Trust me, you'll love this place!

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaiian dresses or sarong sets or ...what for photos on...

Ross has a huge selection of Hawaiian dresses as well as Hawaiian shirts. "Sexy" has a different meaning to everyone, I find mumus incredibly sexy!

Rochester,NY
Level Contributor
357 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaiian dresses or sarong sets or ...what for photos on...

Mumus-sexy??? No way, brah! She need to go to Tropical Tantrum!

By the way, MrsWiz- which anniversary is it? Congrats on whatever it is!

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaiian dresses or sarong sets or ...what for photos on...

Well, I couldn't tell her to come naked! :) Seriously, I think mumus are incredibly elegant and sexy too. They sure beat the grass skirts!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,604 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaiian dresses or sarong sets or ...what for photos on...

I agree with Tropical Tantrum. They're a little pricy, but their clothes sure are nice.

I've gotten nice things at Serendipity on Maui. They're in the Shops at Wailea, in Kihei, the Queen Ka'ahumanu Center, and maybe other sitews that I don't know about.

Rochester Hills, MI
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaiian dresses or sarong sets or ...what for photos on...

Thanks everyone!

I have some GREAT ideas from you guys!

I would love to do nude, but on the beach... well, with my luck, there would be a huge group of...ahem... older tourists just appaled!

I will definatly check out the websites you gave me and i LOVE the idea of a "top" made of flowers and a sarong!

I knew i could count on this forum.

BTW, it is our first anniversary and it has been a tough year so we really want to celebrate on our favorite place on earth!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,604 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawaiian dresses or sarong sets or ...what for photos on...

MrsWiz, where and when will you be in HI?

Rochester Hills, MI
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawaiian dresses or sarong sets or ...what for photos on...

We will be arriving on memorial Day (may 29th) and staying until June 8th.

Our actually anniversary is June 2nd.

We got hitched at the Mauna Lani (eva parker woods cottage) and it was the weirdest thing... it did not rain one drop from the time we arrived UNTIL the day of our wedding. I had so many details with the reception outside byt the pool that i was in tears beacuse i did not want to have to eat inside.

Anyways, the caters and folks getting things ready were gold... they were doing hawaiian chants and things to make the rain stop. The food and beverage mamager even was sprinkling gin on the gound to appease whomever to make the rain go away... then all of a sudden, as i got out of the van to walk "down the aisle" the waterworks subsided, the wind calmed and there was an amazing sunset. after that, the stars came out, still no wind (which was a miracle because i had tons of candles)!

Then, our reception had to end at 10pm, and no joke, no later than 10:01pm, the rain started again.

It still sends chills up my spine because it stopped and then started when the party was over!

annnnnyways,,,,

we are staying at the prince this year because the mauna lani is too much $$$!

Indianapolis...
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hawaiian dresses or sarong sets or ...what for photos on...

Let me know if you find a place on the island that can do the floral "bikini tops"!

Mabye you could use the same flowers you had at the wedding!