We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hapuna area: condo vs.hotel

San Diego Co.
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hapuna area: condo vs.hotel

Hi there...

Had a vacation set early next month revolving around the U2 concert that was postponed. Soooo, now I am going to set up a new vacation, thinking of focusing on Hawaii, and possibly Maui.(Problay early Aug.)

LOVED the Hapuna area, so I am thinking of Mauna Kea Beach or Hapuna Beach, but we may be taking our 14 year old son. Don't know if we can really afford the suite prices. Any suggestions?! Hawaii Dan, PLEASE give me your input, I am listening! And, my 14 and hubby enjoy snorkeling, if that helps...

Thank you...

Denise

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hapuna area: condo vs.hotel

Yes there are some condos units at The Mauna Kea and if memory serves me, they run about 450 to 700 a night Mauni Lani haw the next batch but I think there are better options for a family....

For the area, I would look at the many fine condos in the Waikoloa Beach Resort.... it is a more Kid and family place than the Mauna Kea and Hapuna.... better on the wallet. Yet is is only 10 miles south

Top dog is Kolea at 500 a night but it is almost on the beach....... rare for this coast

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hapuna area: condo vs.hotel

Check out the Mauna Lani Point and the Mauna Lani Terrace condos.