We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perillo tours to hawaii

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
937 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Perillo tours to hawaii

Would like to plan a trip to Hawaii this summer.... Any reviews on a Perillo Tour or suggestions for another tour company. I usually plan all our vacations on my own but this seems a bit overwhelming so I thought the tour would be the way to go.... Any suggestions?

LA
Level Contributor
9,326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Perillo tours to hawaii

You've posted on the Island of Hawaii board. I assume your question is about Hawaii in general.

You might want to re-post this under the Hawaii forum

It's not difficult to plan this on your own and have a great time. However, what you do need to determine is the number of nights you have to visit, the budget for your accomodations, and an idea of what you want to do. If you have planned other trips on your own, you can certainly plan this one too.

Some people prefer tours and can get decent hotels at decent rates. I don't read anything particularly negative about Perillo Tours.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
47,009 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perillo tours to hawaii

Aloha,

While Perillo has a pretty good rep for Europe, I wouldn't use them in Hawaii. They simply don't have the depth and business here to be that good.

If you decide you really don't want to plan it yourself (which I would do), look at Pleasant Holidays or Panda Travel.

Traveling on your own in Hawaii is easy, and remember you are in the US---no currency issues, driving rules are pretty much the same, English is the primary language, etc. With some research, you can plan a trip you will enjoy far more--and you will end up spending less than paying for a package.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perillo tours to hawaii

If you want to plan yourself, repost on the main "hawaii" forum and include budget per night, what you want to see, and how long your trip will be. You'll get plenty of planning advice.

Also I find expedia sometimes has really good packages (air+hotel+car).

One option (not always highly recommended but a way to get a "taste" of every island) is to try a cruise. You visit the major islands, some for 2 days. You could schedule an extra few days on either end for Oahu.

Planning your own really is quite easy.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perillo tours to hawaii

While I don't have any personal experience with Perillo Tours, they have been doing package tours to Hawaii for like 30 years, so they must be doing something right for those people who prefer these kind of tours. I remember they used to have an ad in the NY Times every Sunday when I lived in NYC, and that was a loooong time ago!

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,009 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perillo tours to hawaii

Aloha,

True TT........but they just don't have the power that Pleasant does. Their office is only in Honolulu, unless they've recently expanded-whereas Pleasant has offices all over.

I also find their tours too nickel and dime for Hawaii trips. Lots and lots of caveats and limitations, so-so lodging choices unless you pay extra, lots of shopping stops thinly disguised as "historical" tours.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
937 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perillo tours to hawaii

yes you are right, all of Hawaii...I will repost. Thanks for the advice!

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
937 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perillo tours to hawaii

I am trying to repost in the HAwaii forum, but when I type in Hawaii, it just keeps coming up Island of Hawaii...any suggestions?

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,009 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perillo tours to hawaii

Aloha,

If you look below these post, you'll see the "map" for the forums. Just click on the "Hawaii Forums" link. Then click on the "ask a question".

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
937 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Perillo tours to hawaii

okay, got it, thanks.

Wantagh, New York
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Perillo tours to hawaii

hi! I just found out my husband booked the perillo 2 island tour for august 19th 2013 . I hope to have a great time!