We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Take out Sushi In Waikoloa area

Oregon
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Take out Sushi In Waikoloa area

We are going to The BI next week. Friday the 3rd of March is my dh's birthday. We are travelling with our 3 young kids and my BIL's family. For dh's birthday, instead of a big fancy dinner, he would like to have a dinner without the kids (they will stay with BIL). I was thinking it wouldbe fun to get takeout sushi (we LOVE sushi) and head to the beach for the sunset.

We are staying at the Waikoloa Colony Villas. Any place close by with good takeout sushi? Also, which beach nearby would you recommend for a nice sunset meal?

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Take out Sushi In Waikoloa area

about 8 miles uup the hill yo might find some packages in the Kta Market up in Waikoloa village And I know Costco, 20 miles south.

The Hilton has a nice Japaneese place Imari.

There are some nice seafood places up in Kawaihae, a container port to the north 10 miles

Hapuna beach 8 miles north might be an option but no drinking. and it closes after dark.

I would recommend eating at the Canoe house or Browns ... at the Mauni Lani. on the beach. Nice place.

The beach parks close after 8pm and prohibit dirnking on the beach...... our parks are not in very good shape and attract a lot of bums.

A nice idea but not really practical.

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
355 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Take out Sushi In Waikoloa area

It's not takeout sushi, but how about a restaurant overlooking the beach. You could have drinks also and stay into dark. Walk on the beach afterwards.

The Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel has restaurants with good sunset views. (Also the Mauna Kea just north.) The Coast Grill has (or had) an early menu that's not expensive which should coincide with sunset this time of year. Great beach for an after dinner walk. Call them and ask.

carmel
Level Contributor
609 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Take out Sushi In Waikoloa area

Aloha o2v, there are several good sushi places in the Kings Shopping Center in Waikoloa within walking distance of oyur condo. All do take out.

carmel
Level Contributor
609 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Take out Sushi In Waikoloa area

Aloha, o2v, just to let you know the Marriott has a gazebo bar out by the pool or you could take your snack on the beach at the Marriott and watch the beautiful sunset. They are spectacular every eve.

5. Re: Take out Sushi In Waikoloa area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:06 pm, February 25, 2006
carmel
Level Contributor
609 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Take out Sushi In Waikoloa area

Aloha, look HD I don't know what your problem is but I lived in

Kona for many years and have done busines there for many others. You are always so discouraging to anyone who can't listen to your sometimes wrong advice. I know you can walk through the Marriott and go down to their beach and I have bought take out in the Kings Shopping Center. Glad you got the phone book out and looked up the businesses there. You don't have to be so rude.