We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Dive Operator to use - staying at Mauna Lani Hotel

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
240 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Which Dive Operator to use - staying at Mauna Lani Hotel

We'll be staying at Mauna Lani Hotel (on the Big Island) at the end of February. When we inquired if they had a dive operator on site we were told that they DO have a dive shop, but they don't call it a dive shop. They call it a "boat house".....and that to book reservations, we have to do it through their concierge not their "boat shop". That's kinda odd...

So, I checking around for other reputable dive operators. We want to do a number of multi-tank daily dives and also the nightly manta ray dive. Any suggestions on dive operators to use in that area?

Also, I talked to a friend who has done the manta ray dive...she said it was really cold because it was a two tank dive. You're wet and cold waiting for your second dive. Are there any dive operations that just go out and do that one dive?

Mentioned in this post
Madison,WI
Level Contributor
529 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which Dive Operator to use - staying at Mauna Lani Hotel

parkcitygal

We will be staying at the Fairmont the week after you. We have reserved a dive with the Mauna Lani for convenience, and one with DiveMakai by recommendation. Please post your experience with your dives before March 2. Thanks.

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
240 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Which Dive Operator to use - staying at Mauna Lani Hotel

We don't leave until Feb 25 and don't return until Mar 7...so I won't be able to post until you've left I'm afraid. Sorry!

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
240 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Which Dive Operator to use - staying at Mauna Lani Hotel

What kind of dive did you reserve with Mauna Lani? Did you call the hotel and book it? Is it Mauna Lani's dive boat or is it with another company?