We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is "evening resort attire"?

Chanhassen...
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What is "evening resort attire"?

I've seen this listed as the dinner dress code for many restaurants on the BI. What exactly does it mean?

Woodacre, California
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: What is "evening resort attire"?

Footwear to go with your dinner clothes.

I don't know whether most men feel comfortable showing up in slacks, Aloha shirt and jacket and wearing "slippahs" or "go aheads" or "thongs" on their feet.

I suppose if one can show up for a meeting with the US Commander in Chief at the White House in this footwear, who is to say that a nice restaurant should object?

Women do show off their carefully pedicured feet in pretty thong sandals. Either flat, or with little delicate heels, they look very nice with a tropical style dress. There is an incredibly large selection of these exotic-looking sandals at a specialty slippers shop in the Ala Moana Shopping Center across from Ala Moana Beach Park on Oahu.

As there are degrees of formality in clothing, there are fancier, more stylish slippers for dining out at nice restaurants.

Please remember....most restaurants have a policy of "No shoes, no shirt, no service".