We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floridatourist

Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Floridatourist

I was looking to book a flight from Ohau to Kona and found an airline called Island Air. They show flights much lower than the others. Better Business Bureau had no bad reports. Has anyone used them?

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,050 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Floridatourist

Island Air is just as good as Aloha and Hawaiian. I've booked all my interisland flights for April with them - half the total cost of either of the others.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Floridatourist

as a plot of past.... these guys fly nice planes.... I think they are interline with ATA and Southwest....

watch for Mesa in feb or march......

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,050 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Floridatourist

Mesa? Really? Do tell.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,684 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Floridatourist

Island Air is great. Smaller planes (props) ... less security b/c of the size of the planes, at least on some of the smaler airports ... not sure about Oahu. I read about Mesa but in Nov the Honolulu Advertiser said they still had no planes and no office space in Hawaii...they were shooting for 1st Quarter 2006.

Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Floridatourist

Thanks all!!! I get to go in Feb to Oahu, didn't want to miss the Big Island and we only had one day to spend there. Just trying to cut costs where we can.

Aloha soon!!!

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,644 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Floridatourist

One side note. Island Air is fine but because they fly smaller planes they really enforce the weight limit on luggage. Other than that they are fine. They fly between airports that Hawaiian and Aloha require a layover in Oahu to get to plus they fly to airports Hawaiian and Aloha do not.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Floridatourist

if you can and are able.....fly in to West Maui airport......not the main OGG... it is a dream nor traffc and right where you want to be......