We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coupon savings for the Big Island

Canada
Level Contributor
9,225 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Coupon savings for the Big Island

Here is a link for some extra savings...for those travelling to the Big Island in the next few weeks or months. Every little bit helps.

www.alohamonthly.com/coupons.php?page=all

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coupon savings for the Big Island

contact me or KK ot TT... if you send us $50 we can get you $25 off any activity.....

Cupons hare are come-on for second hand or second rate acticvity ot places.....

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,154 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coupon savings for the Big Island

HawaiiSavers on eBay is the best place I've found for discounted activities on the Big Island including Body Glove snorkel, Island Breeze Luau and ATV tours. Also dining certificates . . . also essentially half price.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coupon savings for the Big Island

It's a new company, they started mailing out their coupon books a few months ago. Coupon companies like this come and go here. Whateer it is worth, use it, but I just had to smile on the "Royal Jade Garden,FREE ALMOND COOKIE Free Almond Cookie with any purchase. Famous dishes are Classic Char Sui Pork & Hot Mustard, Honey Glazed Walnut Shrimp, Authentic Chinese Roast Duck and Chinese Roast Pork our Specialty." I remember the days when the almond cookie was a freebie! :):):)

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,569 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coupon savings for the Big Island

As a local...maybe. As a visitor I don't need this I can get cheap fries and shakes at home...not what I'm craving for a Big Island vacation!!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coupon savings for the Big Island

correct....

you can get all the " cupons" in the airport magazines.... free coffee cup with any $450 helo trip.... But I like the cookie thing., as it give great insight into the value of cupons here. If you want a discount ....search on line and get the internet specials instead of lugging reams of worthless script.

A caution to the visitor.... all the discount activity centeres on the street, in hotels, in front of restauraunts etc are time share sales offices.... the discounts they offer are if you spend most of your day in a boiler room with ex-SS and Gestapo officers who now work for the time share industry..

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,154 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coupon savings for the Big Island

"A caution to the visitor.... all the discount activity centeres on the street, in hotels, in front of restauraunts etc are time share sales offices.... the discounts they offer are if you spend most of your day in a boiler room with ex-SS and Gestapo officers who now work for the time share industry."

Dan's only partially correct here, so do not let the discount get away if you can be disciplined and hold them to their commitment on your time (typically "only" 90 minutes or two hours).

Yes, they are timeshare booking agencies all along Alii Drive in the storefront "tour discount" offices. If you can get them when the timeshare developments are really hurting for people to come through, it can make it well worth your time. Again, you just need to make sure they allow you to leave and have your gift in hand at the assigned time. They cannot keep you past your time against your will!

Shell has the best timeshare offers that I have found, and Wyndham the worst. Ask before you commit; they should also tell you what you will receive. Some will give you 2:1 or totally free activities, others cash or a gift card . . . some both!

In 2007 we got $200 cash and a 2:1 activity plus a discount card good for 40-60% off everything else we wanted to do during our two weeks. This past April I did the Wyndham and received a $150 AmExp gift card. It can be an easy way to make your vacation money go further . . . or the most exasperating morning of your life. It's your choice!

For more info, please feel free to write me privately. I'm TimeshareVon because I own and travel via timeshare ownership . . . not because I work for the industry.

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coupon savings for the Big Island

I thought there were a few good ones, like20% off at Bongo Bens.. and a few silly ones, like the almond cookie.. thanks for sharing!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coupon savings for the Big Island

A caution on the magazine coupons...many of the cupons are from the same travel/broker/time share folks Read them carefully.

A cauiton on the Timehsare... you have to book your session with a credit card, and for the "tour" have nothing scheduled for 2 hours after your " encounter". If you factor in the costs you are paying for air/meals/car/hotel into a 8 hour day... you are giving up far more of your money in sitting listening to a tag-team of sales men for what will really be about 1/2 the day by from getting there to getting back to your vacation..

The situation is toxic to begin with...you trying to rip-off the timeshare people for a buck.. They trying to rip-you a new one.

Lets see ,who are the odds are with....you? who may do this 1 or 2 times in your life.

OR

The time share sales team who does it 5 times a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year..?

Far more fish get hooked than walk away... and they know that.

And... you and the wife need to go... and they frequently split you up. But wait...now they have a credit yard....your credit card.. and you have signed a legal document that says it you dont show or dont complete the presentation, or dont qualify for any reason, that THEY, the time share people can back bill you on all your discounted trips at FULL price. And that they are the sole judge of that. Better read the fine print...of what you sign real carefully Both Shell and Wyndham both do this ...

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,154 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coupon savings for the Big Island

Dan point blank on this one . . . you do not know what you're talking about!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coupon savings for the Big Island

My friend I worked as a hotel as a consierge ...and know how the Time share business works here.... I was offered a job but my morals would not let me accept. it

And yes you do have to sign a contract to do the presentation. and give your credit card .. . It cant be denied.... I was personaly directed to back bill those who failed..... more than once.