We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

horse back riding in Waipi'o

nyc
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
horse back riding in Waipi'o

ANy recommendations for an operator? I see there are a few who offer this type of excursion. Thanks.

new jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: horse back riding in Waipi'o

We just came back the other day from HI and used the Na'alapa Stables (808) 775-0419.

I had never been to the big island before, and I still find the horse back riding stint one of the highlights of our 10 days in the isles. Plus, talk about scenic highlights ....don't be afraid to bring the camera, and the guides will go out of their way to take whatever pix you want while on the trail. The 4WD trip down to the valley floor was worth half the price of the trip itself.....

We did the 3+hr trip (the morning ride) and that was perfect for timing and being able to see it all.

Enjoy -

epc.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: horse back riding in Waipi'o

We went on the afternoon tour with Naalapa Stables in April. I recommend them, too.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
747 posts
593 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: horse back riding in Waipi'o

we are going with them in September.

The "Revealed" book recommends them too.

California
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: horse back riding in Waipi'o

Went with Waipi'o on Horseback company. Tour lasted about two hours and was well worth the money. You meet at a store near the lookout and they 4WD you down this steep decline into the valley. No way a rental car would make this hill! Ride was very easy as horses are trained to follow each other. Went through many streams and were able to see a couple of waterfalls. Only thing missing was a trip to the beach. Guides very knowledgeable and funny. Driver was Stacey, who kept commented about the great "aloha spirit" in the valley. On way back up the hill with the 4WD van, saw several people attempting to hike up this hill. They did not look happy!

-Nick

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: horse back riding in Waipi'o

Aloha........

Thisd a place not to do on your own......by whatever means go with a guided group and it will be better than on your own...

HD